Stung

rottbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
West Des Moines, Ia
I picked up one the dropped barbs off of one of my old motoros and apparently it was too soon I had a tingly pins and needles sensation up my arm for an hour or two I would suggest picking them up with tongs and bleaching them before handling them I know that's what I started doing and havent ran into prob yet... They are not anything to mess with that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
hot water and pain killers. i had a real bad pain in my armpit on my chest side even though the sting was in my hand.
i was most concerned that the pain might spread over my chest but it the pain subsided soon after.

my o/h and kids would have freaked out if they knew and i didnt fancy a trip to the hospital so i never said anything to them at the time. it was only a couple of weeks after that i told them :D , im a little more careful when im cleaning the glass or getting stuff out of the tank since then though lol

i doubt it would be as bad if i got stung again as part of the pain comes from the not knowing what will happen. now i know ill be ok i wont be so concerned if it happens again.

i got stung by a stingray and was fine. i got bit by a cat and it put me in hospital for three days ! !

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Now you can imagine what is working with hot herps...

Those guys get my deepest respect.

BillynJennifer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
KY
DSC_0183.JPG

This is a pic from the night of. The swelling hasn't gone down that much, and my middle finger is still completely dead. A lot of bruising, with some strange blisters and sligh gray discoloration now.

DSC_0183.JPG

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
its a while ago but i think my finger was numb for ages after. im sure you will be fine in time.

good luck with your healing and congratulations on becoming an officaial ray keeper |:D

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Nasty.. I do hope ypur hand recovers sooner rather than later.

Thanks for sharing. . Its a good heads up for all rays keepers to always take extra extra care.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Dang you got hit hard! Keep is updated with pics and symptoms please! Or make a journal!

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

john C

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
ohio
That sucks ..I did something stupid,I had a bacterial prob in one of my tanks and lost a ray I removed the fish put it in a grocery bag I spun the bag to tie it off and that was it stung by a dead ray if a live one is worst I feel for you becuase the dead one hurt to the point were i felt ready to go to hospital but I didn't.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store