suggestions on 240 stocking

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
savannah_az;4306722; said:
no idea on the tangs and triggers or lion, zebra moray, couple one spot fox faces, couple copperband butterflys, rock beauty and koran angel.
I dont know about all the plurals you have up there.

Magnificent foxface
Zebra moray
Blue throat trigger
Emperor angel fish

This would be an absolute stunning tank with these. Especially if you get them all large size.

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
im liking the reviews of the hydor koralia powerheads. anyone have any input on wether their a good buy and how many gph im looking at for that list of fish?

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
savannah_az;4309454; said:
im liking the reviews of the hydor koralia powerheads. anyone have any input on wether their a good buy and how many gph im looking at for that list of fish?
waste of cash, they are so much cheaper on ebay...

Your water flow will be based on dead spots. You don't want crap settling in corners.

deeboi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2009
pareho
saltwater can be fun when stocking new tanks..i would go lions/tangs/triggers/...and possibly a japanese/hawaiian eel..then get some corals...

deeboi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2009
pareho
you can definitely fit lions into that tank...also you should look into angels..with the koralias i heard to go one size bigger than what you need...with a 240 you might need more tho...there's other options out there, just check out their websites..

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
corals look fun, i just don't think im up for that challenge, fish keeping isn't new to me, only salt. corals just.... eh, not for me. and canuck, i was looking on ebay, found the nanos for 28 shipped, i think theyre rated at 240 gph? so do you suggest i put some in now or wait to put livestock in and then play it by ear.

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
deeboi;4310129; said:
saltwater can be fun when stocking new tanks..i would go lions/tangs/triggers/...and possibly a japanese/hawaiian eel..then get some corals...
deeboi;4310139; said:
you can definitely fit lions into that tank...also you should look into angels..with the koralias i heard to go one size bigger than what you need...with a 240 you might need more tho...there's other options out there, just check out their websites..
Triggers with corals? Morays and corals? Suggesting corals to a new person? In a 200 gallon plus?

You don't own a saltwater tank do you?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store