Tank mates?

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
some inactive puffers like a humpback puffer should do , they are totally freshwater and pretty inactive so they dont need lots of space

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
may I ask why are endlicheris out?? I seem to see they do not grow very big in captivity... I keep 2 albino senegal bichirs. Its been over a year now and theyve only grown an inch or two making them slightly less than 5inches long lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
food is the factor man... endlicheris can grow to over 20" long... an inch in a yr? thaat's really slow.. what do u feed them?

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Yup when fish are young they do their most growth to get from the bottom of the food chain into the place they belong in the food chain.

GARfield is still averaging a inch a month and he's about 12 inches right now.
My last sens took 4 years to hit 8 inches then passed away, the one I have now went from 2 inches to 5 in 4 months.
He's also eating and living in with the 2 ropefish, GARfield and a 5 inch comet GF. So he has access to a lot more food then the other one had.

If you feed them, they will grow. ( sorry couldn't help it)
Rich

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
food is the factor man... endlicheris can grow to over 20" long... an inch in a yr? thaat's really slow.. what do u feed them?
I know right! I fed my bichirs 3 hikari sinking carnivore pellets each each day for 7 months. Since then I fed them a cube of frozen bloodworm each each day. And still they grow really slowly hahah

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
One 30 has 2 congo bush, fish a algae eater, and rainbow shark.
The other 30 has 4 Congo tetras and two algae eaters.

Both tanks are planted up real nice.

I want to add 4 more congo's they became our favorite tetra/community fish and they come with teeth. It's fun to watch them chew a pellet.
Warning they are a very shy fish when we feed then we have to back up about 10 feet befor they will eat.
BUT MAN DOES THEIR COLOR POP.....

Rich
Thats cool! I used to keep some tetras in my 30gal once. But sadly they all died one after another mysteriously. Till now I couldnt ID the problem... but now the problem if I want to make my 55 gal a comm tankI may have to remove my darling bichirs.....

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
some inactive puffers like a humpback puffer should do , they are totally freshwater and pretty inactive so they dont need lots of space
Okies thanks for the suggestion man! Do puffers need any special stuff likr caves or hiding spots?

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
Yup when fish are young they do their most growth to get from the bottom of the food chain into the place they belong in the food chain.

GARfield is still averaging a inch a month and he's about 12 inches right now.
My last sens took 4 years to hit 8 inches then passed away, the one I have now went from 2 inches to 5 in 4 months.
He's also eating and living in with the 2 ropefish, GARfield and a 5 inch comet GF. So he has access to a lot more food then the other one had.

If you feed them, they will grow. ( sorry couldn't help it)
Rich
Garfield? Haha what kind of gar is that? Plus how big is he in and in what kind of setup???

chris1990

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
china
Okies thanks for the suggestion man! Do puffers need any special stuff likr caves or hiding spots?

for the inactives ambush predator puffers a sandy substrate or a small cave or peice of driftwood may make it feel more comfortable

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
I know right! I fed my bichirs 3 hikari sinking carnivore pellets each each day for 7 months. Since then I fed them a cube of frozen bloodworm each each day. And still they grow really slowly hahah

ouuh, well then, it's in their genes prbbly.. im not really familiar with these senegals, but i knw tht some senegals can grow to 1feet and some to only 12inches long.. i know tht most of the lower jaw species can reach big lengths.. ure food is great for ure senegals.. and if u bought an endli and feed it tht, he will overcome ure tank in just a few months, having trouble only just to make a turn.. soo, yeahh, if u have a 120 and above tank, it should fit an endli.. i have my endli in a 60g for now, making plans to trnsfr him to a 100 when he gets bigger.. and prbbly would just sell if he does not fit anymore and go with flowerhorns... but anyways, it's all on you on ure decisions.. my 30g im cycling right now is my dad's former red tail gourami tank.. he had it for about 2yrs.. and my friend bred his flowerhorn in a 30g and made well profit on the fries.. i dont know, some people are just lucky prbbly...
it's ure decision mate, I/we dont want to make arguments.. we're only here to tell what is true :) good luck man :)

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Garfield? Haha what kind of gar is that? Plus how big is he in and in what kind of setup???
GARfield is a Fla spotted GAR he's just under 12 inches now in a 160 G 6 ft tank.

Pic taken 4 weeks ago.
Only thing that's changed with the tank since that pic was a lid was added, another water polishing HOB, and two 12 inch rope fish.
Accept for the doors on the stand and a sterlet sturgeon the tank is complete.

On your puffers you are thinking about getting. We have two green spotted puffers in a 55 they are just plain mean.
only tank mates they have are a common sail fin pleco that's about 5x their size, everything else is food.

So, if you went with a puffer so long as he was big enough to start, the birchirs would leave him alone. matter of fact the puffer just might give them a hard time.

For our 30g Congo tetras, we are going to pick up a few more to fill the tank out.

Rich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store