TANKED NEW SEASON!!!

ShipOfFools37

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
The Land of Pleasant Living.
Rollins: I read that, I'm not disputing or condoning how these guys handle the actual fish, I've got no personal experience with how they treat the fish. I'm not asking about that. These guys build very high end tanks, that are quality tanks, from the looks of it. Given, I think the fake coral, particularly in freshwater tanks, is gaudy and looks AWFUL, but the tank itself. They appear to be high quality acrylic tanks. And if the OP just won a free custom tank, well that's pretty awesome.

spadoc79

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
tallahassee, florida
I know for a fact that tanked is fully staged BS. I was able to see the filming of the show in person. This season will air an episode were they build a tank into an orthodontics office in west islip ny. I was there. They built a rediculously awsome tank that is acctually built into the buildind, i mean it cant be removed part of the structure. So filming day they are all there sitting around all day doing nothing while hired help fills this gigantic tank for hours. They provide written script to the doctor as he has to react on camera to the tank. Then reshot all the the scenes several times, completly false from start to finish, not reality tv just acted like anything else on tv. Not the worst, they always talk about acclimation, this was a salt water shark tank, they threw thousands of dollars worth of fish into this tank without any acclimation at all. Several nice sized sharks and a ton of other salt water fish that should not have been with the sharks. Within 48 hours only 2 fish were left alive a small shark blinded by bashing himself into the wall ofnthe tank and a large nurse shark that almost burst from eating so many dead fish. It was a horror show. The doctor hadnto pay for all the fish. The tank is free from the show. Seriously disturbing what so called fish lovers will do for money and fame. The filters were not even ready to be used these guys filmed and walked out fish started dieing within hours. These guys are scum.
Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Do you have proof of what you say?

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Do you have proof of what you say?
Vitagliano orthodontics, west islip ny.... My wife and sister work there. I was enthusiastic thought the guys looked cool, from ny like me, "love" fish like, me waited over a year for its filming, the office is open call and ask any employee there, my sis is the reseptionist. I dont have video of the filming, but im ganna see if anyone took video of the dieing fish. I was there during filming but didnt think to snap a vid. The epesode im reffering to is on this sat. dr joseph vitagliano, his tank had a big toothbrush and a shark head with braces, the doctor didnt like the decor but was instructed to act like he did. The decor has been removed.

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Rollins: I read that, I'm not disputing or condoning how these guys handle the actual fish, I've got no personal experience with how they treat the fish. I'm not asking about that. These guys build very high end tanks, that are quality tanks, from the looks of it. Given, I think the fake coral, particularly in freshwater tanks, is gaudy and looks AWFUL, but the tank itself. They appear to be high quality acrylic tanks. And if the OP just won a free custom tank, well that's pretty awesome.
A free tank would be awsome i agree. But having them throw a bunch of fish destioned to die just for a fake reality tv shot is not awsome. If you win more pwer to you, just have a place to put the fish unless you dont care and just want the tank.

anarekist

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles
haha yeah, the tank them selves are nice and proper but the decor and fish are soo gaudy. they called a clown fish nemo. lol i hate that.

spadoc79

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
tallahassee, florida
Vitagliano orthodontics, west islip ny.... My wife and sister work there. I was enthusiastic thought the guys looked cool, from ny like me, "love" fish like, me waited over a year for its filming, the office is open call and ask any employee there, my sis is the reseptionist. I dont have video of the filming, but im ganna see if anyone took video of the dieing fish. I was there during filming but didnt think to snap a vid. The epesode im reffering to is on this sat. dr joseph vitagliano, his tank had a big toothbrush and a shark head with braces, the doctor didnt like the decor but was instructed to act like he did. The decor has been removed.

thats crazy.....did they replace the fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store