Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Vitagliano orthodontics, west islip ny.... My wife and sister work there. I was enthusiastic thought the guys looked cool, from ny like me, "love" fish like, me waited over a year for its filming, the office is open call and ask any employee there, my sis is the reseptionist. I dont have video of the filming, but im ganna see if anyone took video of the dieing fish. I was there during filming but didnt think to snap a vid. The epesode im reffering to is on this sat. dr joseph vitagliano, his tank had a big toothbrush and a shark head with braces, the doctor didnt like the decor but was instructed to act like he did. The decor has been removed.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
He's right I just saw the orthodontist part

-Andrew

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I wasnt makeing it up, all truth. The nurse shark is the only is 1 of 2 survivors the black tip survived but blinded

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Wow! I lost complete respect for all of them after this.... But I'm surprised no one went and said that there fish died cuz I would if it happened

-Andrew

mikec707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2009
santa rosa
www.youtube.com
I got a question. They put these tanks together an just add the fish in very fast. Do salt water filter not need to cycle? How does that work? I always wonder that every time I watch this show

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
I got a question. They put these tanks together an just add the fish in very fast. Do salt water filter not need to cycle? How does that work? I always wonder that every time I watch this show

Exactly, and that is why the fish die. They may just put the fish in for the TV show then take them out and just keep the damsels in until the tank cycles. Either way not cool. I'm sure a lot of these fish die from stress, etc.

Gasguzzler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
NH
Saltwater tanks take about a month to cycle. More for larger tanks. The only way to speed it up is to pre-culture or "seed" the filter media with nitrifying bacteria in a separate system before the tank is installed and running. However, there will still be a toxic ammonia spike that will be deadly to inhabitants when introduced in the first 2 weeks or so.

Sent from my DROID X2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store