tea time in the aquarium

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
I have found that single species tanks don't seem to be too aggressive at feeding time. I had a tank of 6 Oscars and they would eat calm and casual and in some kind of pecking order that they determined. I had another tank of tropical groupies and they ate like it was the apocalypse every time the lids where opened. No food in the water yet and they where going to town. I currently have a tank of feeder gold fish and they will frenzy just because someone is walking by the tank.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
my snakeheads eat so manically they quite often bite each other by accident, they have no problem jumping up out the water for it either. they eat every couple of days and are generally chilled but when food hits the water they go mental, i now spread pellets across the top, and prawn and stuff i drop/ throw a single bit in at a time in different places till i have seen them all have a bit.

they also don't understand being full so have to watch their bellies as you can get carried away feeding them.

boldtogether

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2008
chino hills, california
Before anyone says anything about keeping Koi in ponds....I know.
But holey gut busting Batman!
THAT FISH EAT!!!!
And not just algae waffers and large amounts of fresh peas....
that fish eat everything that drops int he tank....including other fish small enough to fit in its gullet!!

EcastL

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2015
Down South
+1 for oscars. Mine would jump at the glass cover as soon as i got anywhere near the tank, feeding or not.

Also the SDs i got now are no joke come feeding time. They eat everything. They're always the first to eat and that's with an arowana, dats, and bichirs as tankmates. They don't eat as much but they're no pushover for food.

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
My chancho is a garbage disposal. It eats until its gut is seriously expanded.

typicalalex1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2011
England, Kent
Oscars have been the greediest for me. They'll eat until they physically cannot fit anymore food into their mouths.

Silver dollars are also very greedy. When you have a group of 6, absolutely no food will hit the floor. Makes it fun trying to get food to my raphael catfish.
The clown loaches have learnt to feed from the surface luckily

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
My vote's still on the swimming mouth that disguises itself as a lump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store