Mar 2, 2006
ND
Carp on the fly?! What did he take?

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
We got some carp last weekend as well. Its time for em. Orvis makes a fly called "carp candy". I got mine on a rust colored bugger. Its more sight fishing for carp. Put it a few feet in front of a carp thats eating....and a couple slow strips to them. You gotta do a stip set or you'll pull it outta their mouth. Talk about fun :) Trout slayer is my fishn buddy. RIppn lips son!

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
Some more pics. :D

Cutthroat from Idaho - St. Joe river.

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
We got some carp last weekend as well. Its time for em. Orvis makes a fly called "carp candy". I got mine on a rust colored bugger. Its more sight fishing for carp. Put it a few feet in front of a carp thats eating....and a couple slow strips to them. You gotta do a stip set or you'll pull it outta their mouth. Talk about fun :) Trout slayer is my fishn buddy. RIppn lips son!
Ah, right on... you guys know each other?

So most of the water around here is pretty murky, especially where I find carp. Sight fishing them might not be so easy.

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
A couple of my favorite pics from that area -

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Looks like some amazing scenery. Im diggn the bright red on the cutty.

Yup....troutslayer is a good buddy of mine. Before he fly fished we would spin fish together. But in the last 6 months he showed me the darkside of fishing. ANd there is no lookn back.

Thanks Chris!

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
I hear that. I just wish there were more fishable rivers around here... I mostly stick to fly fishing bass on the lakes and I'm definitely going to go after some pike and maybe muskies if I can get a heavier rod.

probassfisher010

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2011
California
Can't wait to bust out the fly rod this year..

Troutslayer/gangster you guys going anywhere for the opener this weekend? I fished the keys channel last weekend with a spinning rod and caught a few ~14 inch browns and rainbows and one around 18

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TroutSlayer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2010
California
Yeah we are going to fish a couple no name spots and then meet up with one of our guide buddies from the fly shop in the afternoon. Where are you gonna be fishing?
No problem gangster. It's about time you started fishing like a gentleman.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store