THE fly fishing thread.

TroutSlayer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2010
California
I break rods all the time. Just have to buy from a company that has a good warranty. I have warrantied 5 or 6 sages and one tfo. All but one have been my fault. Just another reason to buy a new one while you wait for that one so you have a back up. Then you can fish two rigs. One rigged for nymphs one for dries.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xEchOx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
ND
So a couple of weekends ago I drove down to Lanesboro area. We hit up Trout Run creek and Wisel creek. Trout run was the most revealing stream. It was shallow and the water was crystal clear. That actually made it very difficult to sneak up on the fish... they spooked easily. I had a 9ft leader but I think a 12 or 15 would have been better. Add to that it was raining on and off all day and that made dry flies difficult to fish. The streams are also pretty small. You can cast completely across the stream easily and there was plenty of brush and trees to get hung up on. I'm not gonna lie, it was frustrating at times. We fished all day, but only got one. All in all, I'd do it again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store