Not open for further replies.

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
its a sport dude, people make predictions based on what they think

what's the big deal?

you're only right to a certain extent though. I would be as shocked as shocked can be if US won the cup. I would predict US won't win. can you seriously say that would be an idiotic prediction and not a logical one??
That is not what I was saying and it seems you're trying to strike up and argument for argument's sake. I am talking about how people act like Brazil, Argentina, The Netherlands etc etc already got the win in the bag. Like I say, if you have any real world cup watching experience it never happens this way. Every world cup, the predicted winners don't always make it. But like I said earlier, half the teams in this are capable of winning it. If the USA won the world cup I would be a little surprised but it is not impossible.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
That is not what I was saying and it seems you're trying to strike up and argument for argument's sake. I am talking about how people act like Brazil, Argentina, The Netherlands etc etc already got the win in the bag. Like I say, if you have any real world cup watching experience it never happens this way. Every world cup, the predicted winners don't always make it. But like I said earlier, half the teams in this are capable of winning it. If the USA won the world cup I would be a little surprised but it is not impossible.
you're already calling everyone making predictions idiots so if anyone is gonna strike any arguments it would be you, not me

plus you were very general in the other post I quoted so I decided to respond,............just for discussion sake. since, I don't know, this is a public forum for,........discussion right?

so people are rooting for their favorite teams or who they think have a good chance of taking it. you choose not to predict. it's ok either way.

I don't really ever see the US winning a world cup. would love them to of course. but yea, it's possible. but quite frankly, I think the clippers have a better chance of winning an nba title

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
If Portugal doesn't recover their form and allow a tie next game, chances are US can advance to round of 16. From the play I see today, I don't see them advance further.

If Brazil and Argentina don't improve, they will see an European team take the trophy from the new world.

I hope Italy fails early. Their brand of football is boring.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

303mfk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2011
Colorado
Germany ivory coast and US all won so I'm content so far

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Well that us game certainly sparked a bit of banter in the tread as expected :D
Its football anything can happen in one game that's the beauty of it , but people predict outcomes off past performances and current form because that's all they have to go off , yes a less experienced and less talented team can beat one that's top of its game on the day but can they continue to to perform that way to bring the cup home ? That's the question , people choose Brazil , Argentina , Netherlands , Spain etc to win because they've been the better teams in the world for years who have had most of the success (footy rant over ;):D)

Very good result for USA last night , another solid performance against Portugal needed next , with pepe red carded and missing games and if ronaldos off his game again this could be time to shine for USA :D

Belgium game should be good later with so many premier league players in the squad led by captain Vinny they should do well this time around

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I love how there is some people who make predictions about who is gonna win it all. They act like certain teams are automatic winners. You know what this tells me? These people know very little about world cup soccer. I've been watching since 1990 and have seen games play out all kinds of ways. Easily half the teams are capable of winning against each other. You really can't be sure. People act shocked when a certain team wins and even say team X was lucky. Nope, just shows you're an idiot that knows nothing.
You've been watching since 1990, and you dare to say "these people know very little about world cup soccer?" How about stop yapping, stop watching, and come out to play some soccer before making an idiot out of yourself?

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Wow! "Real world cup watching experience?" Since 1990? If you think there's a possibility that USA won the 2014 world cup, then you have less experience than an octopus. Of course, it's not impossible for the USA to win the world cup, but when will they win? Care to predict?

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Well that us game certainly sparked a bit of banter in the tread as expected :D
Its football anything can happen in one game that's the beauty of it , but people predict outcomes off past performances and current form because that's all they have to go off , yes a less experienced and less talented team can beat one that's top of its game on the day but can they continue to to perform that way to bring the cup home ? That's the question , people choose Brazil , Argentina , Netherlands , Spain etc to win because they've been the better teams in the world for years who have had most of the success (footy rant over ;):D)

Very good result for USA last night , another solid performance against Portugal needed next , with pepe red carded and missing games and if ronaldos off his game again this could be time to shine for USA :D
Exactly! There's always Cinderella, but there's always midnight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store