The official world cup thread !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
Messi deserved the Golden Ball. He was the star for their team. Nobody in the tournament was guarded like him, yet he still scored 4 times and got his team to the finals. Teams always had 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 defenders constantly around him. He made lots of great pass plays when surrounded, only to have his team mates, time after time, mess them up. He did have his shot for legendary greatness in the final game against Germany, but just missed the goal.

Argentina really missed Di Maria in the finals(and in the previous game). Their front line and midfield players looked very tired as well. Hopefully, FIFA has both semi-final games on the same day in the next world cup, so 1 team doesn't get an extra day of rest.

Robben was probably the 2nd best player in the tournament. He would have won the Golden Ball if they had beat Argentina. Just like Messi, Robben was critical in almost every match for the Netherlands.

But considering all players of the world cup, Messi wasn't even close to deserving it. It was just a consolation because clearly a few from Germany deserved it more.

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
Imo James Rodriquez was the best of the tournament and Muller second , third would be Robben.

Even for Argentina I think mascherano, Di Maria when he wasn't injured and Romero were the 3 best players.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk App

James Rodriguez is in the top 5. Muller and Klose would be ahead of Rodriguez. I also don't know about Robben, I think Van Persie did a better job and was more of a clutch player.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Aborted. Was thinking exactly about those lines....

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store