The reckoning

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Lol. Only have so much time in a day. Last night finished framing up all the basement. Tonight going to do all the wiring and having a plumer come over to see if we can make all my ideas work. I want to setup a drip system with an auto drain. But it's a want not a need. I'll update with pics when I get more done. Currently at work browsing Amazon for sump media filter socks. Media bags. A large bottle of prime. Carbon pellets and ammonia chips. Also 8oz bottle of novus to get everything cleaned up and ready to go. Also last night I checked the height for everything I have a little over 90 inches. So 36" for the tank. Thinking 35" for the base and about 20" for the top. Should give me enough room for everything. The sump is 21" tall so I know that's going to be a pain but what can you do with only so much room.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Auto drip idea
Have a cold water line installed above the tank to drip in cold water constantly into tank. Really won't effect 450 gallons too much and the heater is working great. Just not sure 100 percent about the controller but hard to get a constant temp on 2 gallons of water when it's made to heat min 300 gallons. Lol. At least it works well. I saw another person show an idea where you install a 90 degree elbow as a drain in the tank. Turn it up for a higher water level and lower for a lower water level. Would be best if I could install that elbow into the hole in the sump and use that as an auto drain so when the water hits a certain level it overflows into the 90 degree elbow and then into the drain pipe. I don't want any floats or anything that can fail while I an not around. I want it to be simple and effective. And if I don't have to do water changes just clean the bottom of the tank that sounds easy. This is when I will have to see if I have the height to let the water fall all the way to the drain which is close because a bathroom is on the other side of the wall.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Auto drip idea
Have a cold water line installed above the tank to drip in cold water constantly into tank. Really won't effect 450 gallons too much and the heater is working great. Just not sure 100 percent about the controller but hard to get a constant temp on 2 gallons of water when it's made to heat min 300 gallons. Lol. At least it works well. I saw another person show an idea where you install a 90 degree elbow as a drain in the tank. Turn it up for a higher water level and lower for a lower water level. Would be best if I could install that elbow into the hole in the sump and use that as an auto drain so when the water hits a certain level it overflows into the 90 degree elbow and then into the drain pipe. I don't want any floats or anything that can fail while I an not around. I want it to be simple and effective. And if I don't have to do water changes just clean the bottom of the tank that sounds easy. This is when I will have to see if I have the height to let the water fall all the way to the drain which is close because a bathroom is on the other side of the wall.

My exact set up on 4 of my tanks. I have an incoming manifold that splits into 4 lines. Cold water drips into the four tanks each with its own adjustment knob. 1" pvc elbow in my sump that is adjustable for the sumps water height. A main drain around the backs of all the tanks going to my yard. No additional water bill because I was going to water the plants anyway :)

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0750.JPG

DSC_0682.JPG

DSC_0324.jpg

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Nice find. Are you planning on setting it up to go around a corner or?
It's going to make it's own little fish room area. Going to have a 24 inch door on one side to access the back room. I took pics last night but too large for loading up. Forgot to change size on camera. I will add more tonight.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store