The work starts here. 20ft tank!!

wheatgerm

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2010
utah
Thanks for the replies and comments guys. The other half is complete and holds water its been test filled but I don't have enough space like I thought I did to set it up together. I'm trying to figure out a way I could tie the two together without gluing them so they could be broken apart and moved without cutting them apart but when connected the would be the same tank. Toying with the ideas of a big acrylic cylinder glued on the sides then connecting them with some sort of s rubber cuppler or something. Hard to explain what I'm getting at but any ideas anyone? Lol

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I would have built a house around the tank!

Also digging the pothos!

Inspirational DIY to say the least!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

unclefester

Feeder Fish
Aug 5, 2013
Bostic, NC
Nice setup. I wouldn't try to join them together like you mentioned. Would look like crap to me that way, but that's just my personal opinion. I'd setup the other half independently.

wheatgerm

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2010
utah
Nice setup. I wouldn't try to join them together like you mentioned. Would look like crap to me that way, but that's just my personal opinion. I'd setup the other half independently.
Your right it would look like crap big time. If I were to do it I would have to build a fake wall in front of the two and cover the cylinder connecting the two. Its just a thought that probably won't go anywhere

unclefester

Feeder Fish
Aug 5, 2013
Bostic, NC
Your right it would look like crap big time. If I were to do it I would have to build a fake wall in front of the two and cover the cylinder connecting the two. Its just a thought that probably won't go anywhere
That wouldn't be too bad of an idea. :)

I've really enjoyed watching your progress on this tank, it was obviously a great score. I look forward to any future updates you share with is.

wheatgerm

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2010
utah
Well I think I found a solution to running both tanks. I'm going to have to swap fish rooms in my basement and cut the overflows off both tanks then build a new overflow on the back wall. I'll start with the tank that isn't filled yet then once its ready to go I'll move all my fish and filtration to that tank and start on the next one. Should be less work than it sounds. Once finished one tank will be 111" and the other will be 115". Basically 18' L shape tank :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store