Thick Band Dats (Siamese Tiger) For Sale

275ti03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2006
Cali
johnptc;729198; said:
why ?????????????:confused:
Well from my understanding, because of the tail markings... even tho the body shape and bars may look like a true pulcher (ST), and they often can pass for one... the tail markings indicate if the fish is a ST... but inturn the dats that have the indo tail markings are still classified as a wide bar/pulcher just not as true pulcher...

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
ok thanks.....say hi to lfs keeper for me.....

275ti03;729312; said:
Well from my understanding, because of the tail markings... even tho the body shape and bars may look like a true pulcher (ST), and they often can pass for one... the tail markings indicate if the fish is a ST... but inturn the dats that have the indo tail markings are still classified as a wide bar/pulcher just not as true pulcher...

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
275ti03;728517; said:
These dats are all over Cali... it's the craze ryte now... there's a whole bunch of fish stores selling these type of dats, 1" in size tho... they are considered wide bars but not true pulchers...true ST's...
No, you're referring to the three-bar Indos (microlepis) from Sumatra. The ones Rocky Goldy is selling are true pulchers. Compare the configuration of the middle bar. Three-bar Indos have middle bars that are more vertical and have some discernable width at the ventral surface.

275ti03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2006
Cali
icthyophile;729572; said:
Here's another example of a true widebar (pulcher) with three tail stripes:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57389&highlight=fatnioides

As mentioned in that thread, the tail stripes aren't always a dispositive way to differentiate between microlepis and pulcher. The stripes and body shape are more reliable indicators, IMO.

Even at that... True pulchers have a total of 5 bars/markings not including the bar over the eye... indos/other wide bars have a range from 6-8 bars... That is another factor to consider...

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
275ti03;729737; said:
Even at that... True pulchers have a total of 5 bars/markings not including the bar over the eye... indos/other wide bars have a range from 6-8 bars... That is another factor to consider...
What are these "other widebars" of which you speak? Widebar = D. pulcher, whether from the Chao Phraya basin (ST) or Mekong basin (CT). Indos from Sumatra typically display the same number of body bars (three) as a widebar, while Indos from Borneo typically have four body bars. Tail stripes aren't dispositive. The example in Li's post has three tail stripes, but is a pulcher.

RockyGoldy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Singapore
Just an update that some pcs are ordered by a few members here already. I should bringing in more quality STs to fulfill the demand of the members here. So those interested, just give me your PM and I will do my best to fulfill the order.

Thank you all for the support. :grinno:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store