Thinking of getting a corn snake :)

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I wouldn't keep the together... They can eat eachother.
Corn snakes aren't cannibals. The only times I've heard of them eating eachother is when they are fed at the same time and 1 finishes before the other. Then it tries to eat the mouse the other is eating and 1 of them ends up eating the other as well while swallowing the mouse

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Corn snakes aren't cannibals. The only times I've heard of them eating eachother is when they are fed at the same time and 1 finishes before the other. Then it tries to eat the mouse the other is eating and 1 of them ends up eating the other as well while swallowing the mouse

Cool, I take them out and put them into a feeding tank 1 at a time so that won't be a problem :)

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Just be careful with that. Picking them up after they eat is stressful for them and they may regurgitate the meal. It also can be dangerous when working with larger more aggressive snakes. There's no way I would ever feed my retics outside of their enclosures because they're extremely aggressive before eating and even more after

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Just be careful with that. Picking them up after they eat is stressful for them and they may regurgitate the meal. It also can be dangerous when working with larger more aggressive snakes. There's no way I would ever feed my retics outside of their enclosures because they're extremely aggressive before eating and even more after

Yea I know but they are handled a lot and I just gently pick them up and put the strait back, no problems so far :) there is no way my missus would let me get anything bigger anyway lol It took a lot of persuasion to get the corns haha

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
My husband and I love corn snakes. We have 5 right now. Two I picked up as hatchlings and three were wild caught.

Here are my two!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1402360649716.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1402360665979.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1402360695789.jpg

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Im more a king/milk snake guy but i do love a nice corn. I actually need to pick one up for breeding purposes. Nice pick ups!

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Im more a king/milk snake guy but i do love a nice corn. I actually need to pick one up for breeding purposes. Nice pick ups!
I did think about getting a milk snake but personally like the look of the corns more.

Good luck with your breeding project, I have heard it's fairly easy? You trying to breed a colour strand or just generally breeding them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store