this gar caught my atention

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
it was this color a month ago when it arrive, it has been with me since saturday and still this color, i said it is tropical gar because i read this species is the more comon here in my state, but it is just a guess, it was living with another gars but the rest of them had spots all over their body.
Please post in-tank photos of it if you can.

demewh2002

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2012
mexico
it cost me like 24 dollars ( 300 mexican pesos) some years ago it was common to see gilas or even baby sea turtles in some pet stores in the markets, now thank God, Goberment is figthing againts the animal traffic very hard.

demewh2002

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2012
mexico
it was a food market, but these fish were in a pet store in the market, they were not for food, i have it in the plastic container you can see in the pictures, he has a filter and a heather, i hope to have money to buy an aquarium this weekend so i can take better pictures of it soon

demewh2002

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2012
mexico
Woh woh woh! You bought the fish without even owning an aquarium?

Its very common here to have gars in plastic containers or even plastic pools in your garden, we have very good weather most of the year and the gars we find for sale are from lakes and rivers near here

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I thought you got it for only 24 bucks, if they're expensive, did you just happen upon a great deal?

demewh2002

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2012
mexico
I thought you got it for only 24 bucks, if they're expensive, did you just happen upon a great deal?
i meant, glass aquariums are very expensive here, gars are quite cheap, i dont know and what i wanted you guys to tell mi is if this gar is rare or just a variation of the gars from here that i have never seen

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
i meant, glass aquariums are very expensive here, gars are quite cheap, i dont know and what i wanted you guys to tell mi is if this gar is rare or just a variation of the gars from here that i have never seen
We'll need better photos to tell for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store