this hobby is amazing....

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
I just want to tell everyone that I've met Matt and his parents, and they are a great family! His parents are very wise for supporting this hobby which he loves so much. I did the same with my own son, and he too stayed out of trouble. :) Matt is a great kid! He is a responsible fishkeeper. So everyone here, never hesitate on letting him adopt your fish just because he's a kid! He's wiser and more responsible then many adults I've run into in MFK. :)

Matt, keep doing exactly what you're doing and stay away from those friends who are heading down the wrong road. And, I hope you gain your sisters room soon too! haha! ;)

Joni

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
DeLgAdO;1316822; said:
hopefully you wont have to give that all up like i did.

oh man thats a huge blow! :(
I'm sorry del, I really am, Your arowana was the one to inspire me to get mine. than I lost both of them on the same day :(. I feal your pain.

R.I.P BIG MOMA!

topoftheline77 :

I'm 16, and work about 30+ hours a week. ( 17 in march ). So between working, x-mas, birthdays, and what money I saved from being 13+ up.

joni :

Thank you for the kind words, and I promise you I will take care of the fish I adopted, the oscars love the futan freeze dried krill they go nuts over it. they are also eating some of the food you gave me, but are becomming spoiled i'm afriad :). I'm sure you will see lots of pictures of them on mfk, probably about 1-2x a month.

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
That's great news Matt! It makes me <smile> :D
I told my son today too and he laughed. He's really glad they went to you. He laughed too about the Flowerhorn and Convict. ;)

I look forward to seeing many more pics!

Joni

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
jpjn;1318054; said:
That's great news Matt! It makes me <smile> :D
I told my son today too and he laughed. He's really glad they went to you. He laughed too about the Flowerhorn and Convict. ;)

I look forward to seeing many more pics!

Joni
well the flowerhorn is a female, and the convict looks to be a male. so you never know what may happen. but i'd hate to see what would happen to the tankmates if the flowerhorn and convict paired up :eek:.

I'll update you once everything around my house isnt so chatoic :).

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
hahaha!!! Yes, the convict is a male, and yes, it would be disasterous for all concerned if they paired up! But they probably won't.

Hey Matt, did you give that krill to the Jag too? I could never get him to eat anything BUT krill! And it had to be jumbo expensive krill. He'd give me an attitude if I gave him cheap krill while the more expensive kind was on order, and refuse to eat it!

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
jpjn;1318286; said:
hahaha!!! Yes, the convict is a male, and yes, it would be disasterous for all concerned if they paired up! But they probably won't.

Hey Matt, did you give that krill to the Jag too? I could never get him to eat anything BUT krill! And it had to be jumbo expensive krill. He'd give me an attitude if I gave him cheap krill while the more expensive kind was on order, and refuse to eat it!
I havnt tried that yet, I gave him a peice of shrimp and he devoured that, but right now, I just wana make sure everyone is eating, than i will try and ween them off of shrimp and onto krill. I buy bulk krill so i normmaly have enough for a year or so, but i'm all out right now :(.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
nerd..
look at all those tanks..with nothing in them.
jk
:D

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
As long as they're eating they'll be fine until you get more krill. That's a good sign that they're already eating for you! :)

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
ohh, Matt, Chonk (another very responsible fishkeeper and great kid) told me the two Frontosa's are doing great! They were accepted into the colony, no problems at all.

Also, he took the shovelnose and though he wants to keep him so badly (he says "he's a real sweetheart"), he was promised to Ron, so he will deliver him to Ron. :) That shovelnose loves people. lol He's very friendly.

Joni

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store