this hobby is amazing....

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
jpjn;1318438; said:
ohh, Matt, Chonk (another very responsible fishkeeper and great kid) told me the two Frontosa's are doing great! They were accepted into the colony, no problems at all.

Also, he took the shovelnose and though he wants to keep him so badly (he says "he's a real sweetheart"), he was promised to Ron, so he will deliver him to Ron. :) That shovelnose loves people. lol He's very friendly.

Joni
good to hear chonk picked them up, and there doing fine. I put that chinese algee eater into one of my heavily decorated tanks and havnt seen him sence, so i'm sure hes settling in and doing good.

KittyKatKeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2007
Bellport, NY
I love my fish sooooo much and they all have their own personalities. It is the coolest hobby. I am lucky to have my 55gal and my 26gal inside my room and my 125gal is right out in the hall so at night when I go to bed I watch my fish with my flashlight. It's a whole new world when the lights go out. Then you see who really rules! My Tanks right now are grow out tanks, I think the toughest thing is juggling everyone. Who's eating who, and who eats what, and who doesn't share food and hidey holes. Kids I tell you! There all kids! When I come home at night i say hi kitty Kats, and my channel cat comes out and tells me all about it when I first get home. You all think he just wants to eat but when he wants to eat he waits at the bottom in his tube. Now my Cow, he always wants to eat. The rtc wants attention. My little guys always want food. some could care less about anything. Fish are a learning experience EVERY SINGLE DAY.

topoftheline77

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2006
Germantown, Wisconsin, USA
Wow you are one lucky guy! I am 16 also and all I have is a 35g and a 2.5g. But I will soon get a 75g. When I thinkg about all the tanks I'm going to get when I out on my own I think of pretty much what you have, and your 16! a LUCKY GUY i TELL YOU!

-Mike-

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
topoftheline77;1318722; said:
Wow you are one lucky guy! I am 16 also and all I have is a 35g and a 2.5g. But I will soon get a 75g. When I thinkg about all the tanks I'm going to get when I out on my own I think of pretty much what you have, and your 16! a LUCKY GUY i TELL YOU!

-Mike-

Hey Mike, Matt IS a very blessed young man. In time you will have plenty of big tanks too. It took my son a very long time of working very hard, 58 hours a week, to save up for that 240 that Matt now has.
It was a dream of his, and then he only had it for a few months when he then was moving and couldn't have a tank that big anymore.

Enjoy your 75 and dream about what Matt has, because sometimes... dreams DO come true. ;) Even if ya gotta bust your butt for it!

Arizonagrace

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2007
Pennsylvania
Seeing that pic with all the tanks makes me want to run out and buy another one. I have a 10 and a 2 right now (2 isn't set up) but I want....no....NEED more. Must have more. After all, a good ratio is one tank per cat in the house. I have 6 cats ;)

liberator177

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
michigan
The only reason I got a tank was because I wanted a paintball gun and my mom said no but I could get an aquarium,so I got a 10 gallon and some small fish and it snowballed into 7 tank an outdoor pond and an indoor pond, and now my mom said I can put a 180 gallon and make a room divider=)

blazin_dragon18

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2007
US, LA
i was gonna say that u r outta control, but after reading about ur teen life and friends realli need some positive and constructive "addiction" to fulfill ur lives and steer u straight, i'm realli glad that u've found this hobby which u love. though this hobby is very expansive, but it's a hell lot better than spending all ur time in front of video games or worse spending all ur money on drugs.
and all those tanks, jeez, u r one serious MFK ^^ looking forward to seeing the pix of ur fish room!

filiportela

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
portugal
that's the normal way to go you start with one, then you get another, then another, till one day they are just too many, then you start getting better and bigger tanks instead of a lot of small ones, and at the end the idea is getting a real big one like johnptc's tank and stick with the one dream tank ;)

at least it's what happend to me, now i just need the real big tank like johnptc's or Frank Zijlmans mega tank :naughty:

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
filiportela;1320600; said:
that's the normal way to go you start with one, then you get another, then another, till one day they are just too many, then you start getting better and bigger tanks instead of a lot of small ones, and at the end the idea is getting a real big one like johnptc's tank and stick with the one dream tank ;)

at least it's what happend to me, now i just need the real big tank like johnptc's or Frank Zijlmans mega tank :naughty:
haha, i wish i could get a big tank like that. But sadly i'm going to have to sell most of my stock and tanks in about a year and a half, I'm moving up north to ct or mass after my graduation. so most of my fish will have to be sold exsept for a select few :naughty:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store