This may have been asked before....

peaches

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2005
Wow, this has turned out to be a really interesting thread!

I do in fact add the conditioner before starting to fill with the hose. I just still worry cause the fish seem to love to go -right- into the stream of water and breath all that chlorinated water in. Strange. I just hope the conditioner is working fast enough. No ill effects though as I've said before. :)

[enjoyable_attempt]

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
Cleveland Ohio
peaches;2265570; said:
Interesting!

I myself have a 75gal, a 55 gal, a 29 gallon, 30 gallon, three ten gallons, and 2-2 gallon tanks, One tank is a brackish-water tank that takes extra time too.

It just seems to take me hours to get done. I suppose obvious reason is cause I carry 2- 1 gallon containers to fill up. One I carry a full one, the other fills. I suppose 50-75% on a 75 gallon tank just won't take 5 minutes to fill. I would use the hose before with no harmful affects, I just get paranoid about the chlorine and -if- it is getting neutralized as I add little bits of water conditioner to the stream every couple of minutes. I also continually double-check the temps of the hose water and the tank's too.

Problem is, I won't be able to fill up with a hose in the wintertime!:nilly:

You should really really look into one of these.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3910

To continue the thread,..I do all my water changes every Sunday along with cleaning out the filters....Takes me about 4 hours. And I do a 25% change on each tank.

peaches

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2005
I am definitely considering one of those python water changers!

And think, if water changes are quick and easy, I'd do plenty more of them!:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store