Top 10 most aggressive non-cichlid freshwater fish?

TheTankMates

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
llama
I'm sorry that you refused to accept these cold solid facts that male fancy bettas remained being aggressive towards other males. Tried kept two male bettas in same tank....one was killed.
I'm not sorry. When I find the article will you please correct the publication on this error? Thanks!

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I'm not sorry. When I find the article will you please correct the publication on this error? Thanks!
Once again, they do not breed the aggression out of these bettas. If they did bred the aggression out of the bettas, then why the bettas keeps killing each other? These were fancy bettas.....and lot of serious breeders do not kept males together. Tell me why there are limited sucesses to keep a group of male bettas kept together in same tank?

TheTankMates

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
llama
Once again, they do not breed the aggression out of these bettas. If they did bred the aggression out of the bettas, then why the bettas keeps killing each other? These were fancy bettas.....and lot of serious breeders do not kept males together. Tell me why there are limited sucesses to keep a group of male bettas kept together in same tank?
Once again I am saying that I read an article from a trusted aquarium publication, they stated in this article that the aggression has diminished in bettas ever since the trend moved from fighting these fish against each other to breeding for finnage and colors. Also that people were successfully keeping males together in aquariums. Now exactly why would or should I believe you? I am fairly certain it was in FAMA, which is sometimes pretty technical. The article is real, I read it, I didn't sit here on Sunday and think "hey what the hell, I am gonna pull some BS out for no friggin reason" Believe whatever you want, like I said I am going to trust the article I read. I also cant believe I let you bait me into a waste of time debate about a fish I have almost zero interest (I guess this is what I get for lazing around today instead of leaving the house). It just seems you want to argue for the sake of arguing.

TheTankMates

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
llama
I Didn't Find the exact Article, but I Did find a Similar Q&A in Tropical Fish Hobbyist.
Question: Can Male Bettas Be kept together in a really large tank?
Answer: "I've seen Male bettas Kept in 20 gallon tanks together. With no Perceptible Fighting, So it's certainly Possible."
"To understand the situation, You need to know that we don't have the regular fighting Strain over here, At least that is not what is generally sold in the fish shops."
"The Siamese Originally kept these little fish and selectively bred them for their fighting propensities. They were placed in a clay pot, and the first fish to give way was the loser. Only the winners were bred, so the more tenacious and pugnacious Males influence was perpetuated and intensified. However, many years ago, Americans and Europeans Began breeding the fish for Long fins and bright colors. While the fighting instinct was not selected, it has persisted to some degree, One reason for keeping the males separate during the grow out period, is just to keep the fins in perfect shape."
-----------------------------------
I Also found an article that stated Keeping Males in close proximity to each other in clear cups Like at walmart, Is training them to be more aggressive, and that a Male betta that has never seen Another male betta would not even know what to do, and in this article it also stated that they have Kept Male bettas together with No fighting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store