Trout on in a fly art

busterbrown

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2009
south lake tahoe
Well any criticism is good criticism. I wasn't really looking at the correct way to eat a trout just more like she caught it. I was going for creepy as well, thats just my style. Cant please everyone but thanks. Keep up the comments. I want to hear it all.

BOTR

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
I hate to break it to you, but I actually 1/2 like it. Not knowing the circumstances makes it a little wierd to me, but overall it's not bad. If I painted something for any of my buddies, I'd never hear the end of it. Again, don't know the circumstance, but the painting is at least interesting.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Love the style of art. Just a little too much on the funky side for me. Reminds me of deathklok style art.

Lets see a "dia de los muertos" style pic. With the white sugar skull style. A skeleton holdn a fly rod w/ an azul on the hook. Your painting skills are definitely getting better tho Sean.

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Technique is good, I like the strange and different. Not for everyone, but I don't think it is bad at all. I would like to see some other pieces.

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
You are a really good painter, there's no question there. But what you paint is, like they said, odd. Its creepy but not so much so that its a turn off. It piques a morbid curiosity in me. I don't know if I like it, but I am responding to it. I am a writer by nature and the one thing that my teachers have impressed on me is that we want a reaction. It may be love, it may be hate. It is a reaction we are going for. To have someone read one of my stories and say "Meh." is a bad sign. The same is true of your art. You want a strong emotional reaction. I'd say you got just that and therefore, are successful at what you do. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store