Ultima 11. Won't backflush

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
OK. Makes sense . But How possible is it to be a bad valve? Something come loose inside?.
Tank already filled. I'm going to have to drain about 150 gal. To get water under my intake. This project has to wait til tomorrow.
Thanks for all the help.
I'll pull the main valve body off tomorrow night and I'll update you guys
Thanks again

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I saw a cut away of the lateral Aquaultraviolet had at a trade show. It is a "clam shell" style check valve. Doesn't take much to jam it and the pivot points look weak. Found this picture in KoiPhen. In backwash mode, the water comes down the stand pipe, CV blocks water from exiting the bottom laterals which in turn forces the water out the jets. If the CV is not doing it's job it will let water out the lateral and not spin the beads.
cv.jpg

cv.jpg

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
Is that pic upsidedown. That check valve on the main valve body? Or after the jets?
Hard for me to tell where

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
CV is exactly where the arrow is pointing.

AUVFCS.jpg

AUVFCS.jpg

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Not replacable. Service dealers just replace the entire assembly.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Could it be cleaned? Or is it just bad?

I would do what the guys suggested first. Clean the beads. If you keep rays, the beads may be glued together. Clean the lateral for sand. Maybe the CV is just stuck. If all fails, replace it.

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
I would do what the guys suggested first. Clean the beads. If you keep rays, the beads may be glued together. Clean the lateral for sand. Maybe the CV is just stuck. If all fails, replace it.
Perfect. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store