Ultima 11. Won't backflush

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Is this on a pond? it still sounds like cleaning it sooner might be the trick. When it goes too long then the media gets seriously caked and then its harder to get it to break up from the back flushing.

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
Is this on a pond? it still sounds like cleaning it sooner might be the trick. When it goes too long then the media gets seriously caked and then its harder to get it to break up from the back flushing.
It's on my 560 ray tank. I've been backflushing once a week til a month ago, then went every other week.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
It's on my 560 ray tank. I've been back flushing once a week til a month ago, then went every other week.

Then that's weird... maybe there is an issue with it then. But that seems strange too... can't see how these things would break out of the blue.

I would still try the extensive back flush first... just let it keep going, I think eventually it'll kick loose. Maybe a couple stops and starts of the pumps might help with the surging...

If that works then I would up the schedule so it doesn't get so caked again.

Please keep us posted, I would like to know what up here.

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
Damn, I did nothing and now it's working.
Just got home and wanted to drain the tank down, so I can pull the filter apart, and the back flush worked right away.

Had to have been something just stuck in the check valve.
Now u know for next time.
Thanks for everyone's help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store