Update on my Dat

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
I'm typically not a huge fan of the looks of indos, but I really like yours! Seems to be growing well for you. And that is a sweet yawn shot! In the years I owned dats I could never catch one doing it when I had a camera in my hands.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
My little dat is definitely putting on size these days. Thanks for the compliment! He is a really neat fish with a great personality. He eats from my hands too.

Just last night when I was moving him to a different tub (my 180 cracked and leaked...getting replacement on Saturday). I had my hand in the water with him and every time I got close he would come up and stick his nose out of the water at me and stares up at me expectantly. Its so cute!

I'm actually very surprised he has this much size on him especially with being starved when I picked him up a couple years ago. I guess I'm feeding him what he needs and likes.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
I'm typically not a huge fan of the looks of indos, but I really like yours! Seems to be growing well for you. And that is a sweet yawn shot! In the years I owned dats I could never catch one doing it when I had a camera in my hands.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I also just got lucky because I was taking a video of my whole tank. I noticed he was looking like he might start yawning so I really focused on him to see if I could capture it. I did! Then I took a screenshot of my video and voila!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Nice datnoid u got there. How long did it take u to grow it that big?

I love grow baby fish into big fish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Nice datnoid u got there. How long did it take u to grow it that big?

I love grow baby fish into big fish

Thanks! I've had my dat for about 2 years now. He started out as a very small starved little one no more than about 1" long. Now he's over 8". I've heard that dats tend to grow slow but I'm amazed at how much mine has grown in this span of time.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Thanks! I've had my dat for about 2 years now. He started out as a very small starved little one no more than about 1" long. Now he's over 8". I've heard that dats tend to grow slow but I'm amazed at how much mine has grown in this span of time.
Aslong as they don't get starved and are fed, fed, and fed they can grow even faster than yours has. Nice job growing this guy.. He on pellets yet?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store