UPS screwed up my order!

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Whenever I get an order, I call my local post office early in the morning on the day it is supposed to arrive, and ask them to hold it so I can pick it up.
If I order fish I ask the shipper to put my ph# on the box, and with instructions to call me when it arrives at the post office to pick it up. Way better than riding around in the truck all day. Saves me a lot of stress.

twilight zone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2011
somewhere in the zone
I got an order from them recently and received it with no problem. I ordered things that I was not in a rush to get(pump/heater/thermometers). I did have someone here to receive it. The prices are very good and the shipping was free.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,stress is the word when it comes to livestock.I have sent a few fish across the country without incident but the last fish I tried to send ended up being lost by UPS.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's been a while but I don't think they ever found it.That whole ordeal turned me off to shipping fish and made me leary about having them shipped to me.

pigoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2013
United States
...I went on line to track my order and learned that it was transferred to the Post Office...no reason given and now I have to wait until they get around to delivering it.
Both UPS and Fed Ex are doing this now...especially if the shipping is by "slow-boat" only (ground shipping). I'm sure it's a cost saving measure of some sort.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Both UPS and Fed Ex are doing this now...especially if the shipping is by "slow-boat" only (ground shipping). I'm sure it's a cost saving measure of some sort.
It is. Both companies as well as others are using this to boost revenue via reducinh operating expense. The post office is losing money so offering cheap rates and gaining immediate marketshare without competing or marketing by these large parcel carriers using USPS as a third party and just handing over business.

It actually is a good thing in the logistics industry. Not so much for us fish hobbiests though.

Sent from Samsung 4G Microwave

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It actually is a good thing in the logistics industry. Not so much for us fish hobbiests though.

Sent from Samsung 4G Microwave
Guess I lucked out....I ordered and had a fish successfully delivered just two weeks ago.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
I think when you have something overnighted, there's less of a risk since those packages are priority. When you have 2-3-5 days shipping they tend to go the economic route since you're not paying that premium price

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Makes sense Alex....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store