Urgent, Need Help, Medical Adivice

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I am a vet and the correct recommendation is to go see a vet. There are a fair amount of possibilities of what could be wrong here. Also whether she/he is showing it or not I am sure there is discomfort.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I don't get it,you ask for advice but just about every answer mentions a vet and then you reply with what you think the problem is.
You should have taken the dog to a vet as I suggested in your other thread a few days ago.
Yeah but I was hoping for actual veterinary experience

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
What are the likely compilations in this situation?

I am a vet and the correct recommendation is to go see a vet. There are a fair amount of possibilities of what could be wrong here. Also whether she/he is showing it or not I am sure there is discomfort.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I do have an apt at 2:00 but Im fairly confident they are going confirm my belief of a seroma development.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
did you mean complications? to me, an abscess, infection leading to blood poisoning/septicemia, get to a vet.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
glad to hear getting to a vet:)

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
What do you mean by this? I am an actively practicing general practitioner in New Jersey. I have plenty of experience.

That post wasn't directed at you, in fact I'm glad to hear your feed back.

I knew the common answer would be "take her to a vet" but was hoping to hear from someone with actual vet training or had a similar experience.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
That post wasn't directed at you, in fact I'm glad to hear your feed back.
Oh got ya

I knew the common answer would be "take her to a vet" but was hoping to hear from someone with actual vet training or had a similar experience.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Glad to hear you've got it figured out.

I'm assuming that this is one of your hunting dogs you posted on another thread.
Do you have field dog first aid guide?
They're cheap and are worth their weight in gold If you get stuck in a bad situation.

They're oftentimes closer to a basic medical procedure guide than what most people think of first aid guide.

They've helped a few people I know who've had their pointers get caught in fences then separated the skin from the rest of the tissue to steralize the wound and sew it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: twcp
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store