Urgent, Need Help, Medical Adivice

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
It's a sad day over here. Just got back from vet and my dog was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma. The blood works not back but he said hes been doing this for forty years and could tell just by looking at it.

He did say it was unrelated to the fight but the extra release of steroid can increase tumor size. It went from no tumor to almost potato size in 48hrs.

Poor girl is on a few meds but vets telling to make the most out of the next few weeks.

Charney Charney

Last edited:

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
It's a sad day over here. Just got back from vet and my dog was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma. The blood works not back but he said hes been doing this for forty years and could tell just by looking at it.

He did say it was unrelated to the fight but the extra release of steroid can increase tumor size. It went from no tumor to almost potato size in 48hrs.

Poor girl is on a few meds but vets telling to make the most out of the next few weeks.
Yikes. Sorry to hear.

Hopefully she makes a full recovery.

If I'm not mistaken this type of cancer is quite common and most dogs will pull through and go into remission.

I lost my first dog to lymphoma and it's something I wish no pet owner has to to through.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in the fight.

Reactions: twcp

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
ahh man,, I am sorry. Give him a ear scratch for me. :,(

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
So is that diagnosis one that would have went on undetected for a while? If it is, at least they managed to identify it now, thats the only positive I can see. Hope your dog recovers.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
So is that diagnosis one that would have went on undetected for a while? If it is, at least they managed to identify it now, thats the only positive I can see. Hope your dog recovers.
Yes, according to my vet, the tumors had been there for some time. The down side is they are usually untreatable. Chemotherapy is the preferred treatment and usually will extend life 6-12 months.

I'm still in shock over the incident.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
we hate to think about money, but chemo is not cheap.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Reactions: twcp

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Yep, that's the one. It would be a form of external lymphosarcoma
Dang. That's exact what we lost ours to. It's a terrible feeling seeing your companion wither away.

I would advise you to find a quality high protein diet to put her on to help slow cancer cachexia.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Dang. That's exact what we lost ours to. It's a terrible feeling seeing your companion wither away.

I would advise you to find a quality high protein diet to put her on to help slow cancer cachexia.

I've been researching cancer diets for her. Its time to pamper this one.

Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store