VIDEO: 8" Catfish vs 11" Snakehead

5am

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2006
lalaland
xspainx69;1204323; said:
Snakeheads are an invasive species that is ruining our ecological system and destroying our native species.

I dont see the humor in seeing a beautiful native catfish getting destroyed by an invasive fish from Asia, like we dont already have problems with their humans occupying our land as it is. :banhim:
what do you mean by "like we dont already have problems with their humans occupying our land as it is?" if you are NOT a Native American... then this is technically not "your land." theres no need for ignorant remarks like that.

Leonidas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2008
New Zealand
I cant see the video, whenever I click on the icon a get a prompt saying the page cannot be found. What do I need to do, I really want to view it.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Shizen me 2
are they really illegal in the United States or just in WA,
i live in MO
Every state they are banned. Big fines and possible jail time. Probably the worst punishment out of any banned species. My fish and game/DNR fishing buddies say they will throw the book at someone of they catch them with them.

I had them as a kid long before the ban. My first fish. I feel your pain. Look up bowfin if you want something similar that is likely legal if you're in USA

EDIT this thread is ancient and recently resurrected.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
...My fish and game/DNR fishing buddies say they will throw the book at someone of they catch them with them...
For those of us who may not get this, what does this mean? They will book them, as in arrest them?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
For those of us who may not get this, what does this mean? They will book them, as in arrest them?
The term "throwing the book" pretty much means that the official will do whatever he can within his authority to ensure that the offender suffers every possible and applicable penalty under the law.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store