Wallago Attu growth rate?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

Mine has started taking the massivore almost without delay but still with some "dignity". He takes the first ~immediately but it takes him ~20-40 seconds to put away ~6 disks.

Nice fish guys! Hard to believe you only got one now, Viktor ;)
I am not made of money, time, and fish tanks, Chubs ;) Seriously though, I did have one 5 years ago, lost it when moving to Florida. I have had it from ~5" to 10". I don't recall feeding problems - it took frozen fish and shrimp just fine.

One thing I do recall: it was housed with 4 similar sized wyckiis and one day the attu ate one (dead or alive, IDK). The wyckii's pectoral spine poked all the way through Attu's stomach and about 1/4" was sticking out for 1-2 days. I was afraid to feed the attu but as soon as I did, the new food pushed the remains further along and the pec spine went in and the wound healed. Through all this, the attu behaved as if nothing was unusual.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Have been having good progress here. The attu reacts anytime I come by the tank and comes to the surface at feeding time to gulp down most of the massivore offered, ~10 disks, picking up the rest within 0.5-1 minute. Still refuses thawed whole fish but I have not fasted it yet to try and persuade.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store