Water change sunday anyone?

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
I remember the good old days when I could do all my water changes on Sunday... Now I have so many tanks going I have to do them on Saturday and Sunday and sometimes in to Monday as well depending on how many filters I have to clean that week!!!

I can't get any pictures today my wife took the camera to her baby shower today..I guess she thought she needed pictures of that more then I need more pictures of my fish tanks!!!! LOL...

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Every Sunday.
But we cheated this week and did 3 tanks yesterday.

Sorry no boring pix of 1/2 empty tanks LOL
Rich
Lol, pics are proof, i suspect many members dont do it every week and say they do. big respect to you 2x a week guys!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I change water whenever on my tanks because I can't do 50% changes on my 9 tanks in one day so I space them all out over the week, I always change 50% in each tank weekly though and sometimes twice a week. Just finished changes on one of my 30 Longs, my 10, and my 5.5.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I change my water whenever as well mostly friday(small tanks) saturday (medium tanks) Sunday my two "big" tanks and sometimes Monday as a catchup day if I'm running behind. But if I notice that params aren't right I sometimes do bi weekly water changes. I have 8 tanks most being 60 gallons or over with the biggest being 180. I have to use buckets walked over to my tank from the bathtub faucet to fill my tanks :( hurts my back like a mofo. Draining is easy though for the 180 at least. I just stick the siphon hose out the window and it goes out to the backtard. But water changes are really becoming a back breaking chore and I'm only 17 but I have lots of back issues already...at least at the end of each day i can just sit back and enjoy the tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I do mine once a week as well but never a set day. Usually 1 day in the weekend. Question for you guys. When filling a tank with the hose, how are you heating them up during the winter? My water is freezing during the winter and drops the temp down considerably

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
I do once or twice a week depending on how i feel and feed.

I use 50g food safe drums to age the water for 24h. Real simple to fill as they are located next to a tap. I use a small 100 watt heater to match temps and two powerheads to circulate the water.

When i refill i just simply unplug and roll the drum on its Dolley to the tank, connect hoses to powerheads and i'm done in no time. I don't lift a thing and thats how i like it :)

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I do mine once a week as well but never a set day. Usually 1 day in the weekend. Question for you guys. When filling a tank with the hose, how are you heating them up during the winter? My water is freezing during the winter and drops the temp down considerably

I use a hose but I tap into my washing machine's water source via brass y connectors for outdoor hoses. This way I can mix hot/cold water for my refills

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store