Water change sunday anyone?

Monster_Minis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Did them before i picked up 6x festea today to grow out ;) we usually do them sat or sunday... Otherwise i do them on mondays when my mom comes and takes our kiddos to the park. I try and do the. On a weekly basis but haven't had grow outs in awhile so haven't felt bad if we missed a week on the 120. I'll be doing them ideally wed/sun on the grow out tank/s once again. But kiddos are older so i can sneak them in during the week.

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
I do mine once a week as well but never a set day. Usually 1 day in the weekend. Question for you guys. When filling a tank with the hose, how are you heating them up during the winter? My water is freezing during the winter and drops the temp down considerably

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
What do you not have hot water in your house? I just hook my hose up to the sink and adjust the hot and cold water until it is the same Temp as my tank water... Then while I am filling it up I just put my hand in the tank and feel the water coming out of the hose to make sure it is right!!! And I live in Ohio where our water is really freezing in the winter... LOL..

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I have to use the hose from the outside of the house unless I wanna spend even more time filling every 1 of my tanks up with a bucket. Are there hoses that connect directly to the sink?

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
Water change monday for me :)

[video=youtube;0bDNLkAez-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bDNLkAez-k[/video]

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
I have to use the hose from the outside of the house unless I wanna spend even more time filling every 1 of my tanks up with a bucket. Are there hoses that connect directly to the sink?

O ok now I understand, Sorry... Yes they do make then, I have a utility sink in my basement and my hose hooks right on to that but they do make adapters for most sinks so you can hook your hose up to it.. Do you have a siphon hose that you use to take the water out of the tank with?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Ya but it's really short. I stick 1 end into 1 of those pool cleaning hoses for the vacuums and that goes outside into the yard. Looks like I need to go get myself 1 of those adaptors.

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
my day actually changes during the summer. it's the law that you can only water outside on days that are even/odd depending on if your address is even or odd. I run my water outside for the plants.

wintertime I usually do friday evening.

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I did my water change yesterday . Sorry I didn't take any pics as I just read this thread ! I changed around 75 % on my large tank and around 95 % on my growout . Vacuumed the gravel really good . I am a heavy feeder so I like to change the water every three days . One light change and one heavy change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store