wavy laminate floor and aquarium stand

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
if working with an uneven floor use shimmies and get stand level.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
shimmie the stand you be fine.

coles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2016
if working with an uneven floor use shimmies and get stand level.
The stand is level. But in a couple of the corners the laminate slopes down and leaves the corner in the air. I dont have a problem with level. Just that the bottom of the tank stand is not fully supported around the perimeter. Thus, some of the stand is touching the floor. And some is not.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
put the shimmies in the gaps.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
That's even better I know you are concerned about the unlevelness by the wall, place the stand there and see how unlevel it is just try to shim under stand. If you already tried that never mind , I shimmed a stand on unlevel concrete with just shims the aquarium size was 180 gal.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Do what Pops stated shim the gaps until stand is level without movement ( wobblyness) and you will be good to go.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Btw Coles your corners of the stand is where you want to shim where stand is in the air because most of the weight of the aquarium will be supported by the corners just in case you didn't know.:)

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
or, you say a cement sub-straight, pores are pretty level, its the flooring that is not, tank filled the flooring will relax and the tank stand sits flush. I would do this before shimming.

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I am going to assume the stand is not a metal one with legs. A couple of questions about the stand.
Is it a comercial style with a flat sheet board bottom of some type?

Is the stand the homemade type with a perimeter bottom of dimensional lumber such as 2x4's?

Do you own the home? If so it would not be such a big job to pour a pad a couple of inches thick out of leveling cement. That way the base for the stand will be very level and true. I had such a pad in a basement. I think this was done for a level place to sit the oil furnace. There was enough room to set up a 125 on that raised pad. The basement had a slope in the floor to direct water into the floor drains and I suspect this is sometimes done.

Whatever you wind up doing, having a cement floor under tanks is nice.

good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store