Weird bump on my Florida gar?

Dahawkster15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
Silsbee, tx
There was a red dot where it appeared to have popped but I didn't see any blood come out. He is still eating good and looking healthy. I will keep up the salt and water changes. How long should it take to clear up? 4-6 weeks?

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
There was a red dot where it appeared to have popped but I didn't see any blood come out. He is still eating good and looking healthy. I will keep up the salt and water changes. How long should it take to clear up? 4-6 weeks?
Could take a few months.

Dahawkster15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
Silsbee, tx
Ok thanks! I have absolutely no intentions of doing this, but what would happen if I were to take it off?

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den

Dahawkster15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
Silsbee, tx
Ok thanks for the help! I will post more info as time goes to tell how he's doing.

Dahawkster15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
Silsbee, tx
When I left for work today the bump was still big and deformed. When I got home this evening NO BUMP!!!! I mean it's completely gone! Yay!

Stateofficer1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2011
Fairmont North Carolina
My alligator gar had the same exact bump back when he was a foot long, and one day it just went away!!! According to wikipedia, farm bread gar develope bumps and tumors more offten then wild caught gar... But from the research ive done, I dont think they are life threatening!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store