Well...this happened today off craigslist.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It appears to be made without a brace as some of the older tanks were.Years ago I had a 125 that was made with no crossbrace.Though a little smaller than your 150 I paid three hundred bucks for it so I'd definitely say you got a good deal.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I have a 180 gallon with me without any center brace. Its sitting outside in a field as it is cracked. Hail smashed the back panel. The glass is very thick and there's 2 panels on every side. If interested I'll get some pics

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
My 165g is 1/2 inch thick glass and it is double braced.

What are the dimensions? It looks to be 4 feet long, there's no way a 150 is that short and that deep it would have to be far too tall to make up for the volume

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It's six feet long haha. The pics don't do it justice. This isn't my first rodeo folks lol I know how to calc gallons

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
It appears to be made without a brace as some of the older tanks were.Years ago I had a 125 that was made with no crossbrace.Though a little smaller than your 150 I paid three hundred bucks for it so I'd definitely say you got a good deal.
Ya it's an oldie haha. It's probably gonna get a diy brace on it but I really don't think it's going to need one haha. Thanks I wasn't passing on it even if I threw out my back and destroyed both shoulders dragging it out of a basement with a 2 ft wide stairwell haha

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I have a 180 gallon with me without any center brace. Its sitting outside in a field as it is cracked. Hail smashed the back panel. The glass is very thick and there's 2 panels on every side. If interested I'll get some pics
Pic it up man! Ya they don't make tanks this sturdy anymore its a beast.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
That's a good score - but, it's a scary tank - I would never have anything like that without a brace - even if it was built without one. I'd put one on. Why risk it, right?
Drawing up plans for a DIY brace haha. Honestly though....I'd swim in this thing with no worries. It's built like a brick ****house

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
So what's the stock going to be? I take it you're going to have at least one Esox in there :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store