What are you reading?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I've had my interest piqued with talk of this Cormac McCarthy fella, so I looked him up, and I can't believe it. He wrote, "no country for old men", which was made into a film, one of my favourites of all time!

I'll be looking into his books that's for sure.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I've had my interest piqued with talk of this Cormac McCarthy fella, so I looked him up, and I can't believe it. He wrote, "no country for old men", which was made into a film, one of my favourites of all time!

I'll be looking into his books that's for sure.
Yep, amazing movie. He also wrote "The Road", which was made into a decent flick as well.

Stephen King had any number of his books made into movies...with not a watchable one in the bunch...:)

Reactions: esoxlucius

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
Well sir i don't read (or listen) to impress you but for my own enjoyment and enrichment. Plus i can enjoy my book while doing a water change...:ROFL:

• Haha
Reactions: jjohnwm

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
Yep, amazing movie. He also wrote "The Road", which was made into a decent flick as well.

Stephen King had any number of his books made into movies...with not a watchable one in the bunch...:)

One word: Shawshank

The rest I'll toss on the burn pile though

• Wow
Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Well sir i don't read (or listen) to impress you but for my own enjoyment and enrichment. Plus i can enjoy my book while doing a water change...:ROFL:
I can, and do, perform water changes while reading with my eyes rather than my ears. I just sit back in my easy chair while valves and pipes and pumps do the work. It's wonderful. :)

One word: Shawshank

The rest I'll toss on the burn pile though
You floored me with that! I love the movie, and I admit I had absolutely no idea that Stephen King had anything to do with it. The notion that he could write something that would inspire that terrific flick is, on the face of it, so utterly ridiculous that when I read your post I had to google it to make sure there wasn't some other movie with "Shawshank" in the title!

Utterly amazing. But, of course, the problem now arises that I want to find and read the story...and it will likely turn out to be crap. It happens; plenty of wonderful books turn into terrible movies; why cannot the reverse also occur?

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
Lol
The written wormk is as good a the movie i think, but only a short story or maybe novelsla. And to be honest i would probably not toss out stand by me, the green mile, or misery, but most of those the book was better than the movie.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store