What are your thoughts on this 300Gal setup for a FRT?

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
you will need at least three strong guys but 4 or 5 is even better. Bring a few pillow, blankets, and tie-downs.

Gotfrogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Texas
I called perfecto and the tank us 496 pounds. I ordered four 8" suction cups and am getting some friends to help out with the move. I think I might also build a cart to help roll it into the house.

I plan on using the model 4 sump that I ordered along with my existing fx5 (if it fits under the stand). The main thing that I am missing is a light for the tank. I am thinking LEDs or dual 60" T5s.

Gotfrogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Texas
I decided to go with a Hamilton 60" Aruba Sun T5 HO Retrofit Kit. It has two 60" T5s and come at a good price. Hopefully it will have enough spread to illuminate the entire tank.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
Gotfrogs;4476650; said:
I picked up the stand and hood today!

I can't wait to get this setup up and running.

The stand is nice . What do you keep in the tank behind you? Think red sea tank?

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Gotfrogs;4454150; said:
I ordered the tank today. Now I am scared about moving it. I have to pick it up at the LFS the day they take delivery. Any idea how much an empty 300 gallon tank weighs? How may people will be needed and what "tools" should we use.
I think you should use these ''TOOLS'' to help you move it...

tools.jpg

Gotfrogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Texas
We got it moved into the house today!

Unfortunately I think there is a defect in the tank and it may be going back to get repaired/replaced.

Gotfrogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Texas
One of the corner trim joints is all messed but and the silicone job on the back panel is "less than perfect". Here are some pictures.
Bottom of tank (Back right bottom corner)

Gap in glass joint and poor silicone job

Gap in trim and poor silicone job

Gotfrogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Texas
The LFS that I just bought the tank from agrees that this is a problem and is going to take care of it for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store