What are your thoughts on this 300Gal setup for a FRT?

Gotfrogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Texas
My next question, assuming I get the tank replace, is how should I fill the tank? My previous FRT tank was only 58 gallons so filling it with RO water was no big deal. Should I invest the time and money filling the tank with RO water or will treated tap water be ok?

janev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
southern california
Nice background. Hope that it is hard plastic. My 2 Frts like to taste everything in their respective tanks, .....like heaters, filter outackes, plants, rocks, and yes fish.

Love to see you post a picture when you have it all done!

Gotfrogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Texas
Janev - The background is very hard and I have no concerns with them eating it. I have a similar background in their current tank that is not as hard and have not had any problems. The foam riser I had to make is a another issue though. I am concerned about it holding up over time. I plan on covering the base with glass fiver and epoxy. I bought the supplies today.

Gotfrogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Texas
I finished up siliconing the background into the tank today. I will post picture of the process soon.

rudukai13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2010
Colorado
Always been fascinated by these turtles - they're so much like a sea turtle it's incredible. Keep us updated on the progress and make sure you post pictures of the inhabitants when you get them!

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
Treated tap is fine for turtles. They do not need the reverse osmosis water. just make sure it isn't too hard.

Tank looks great btw.

Gotfrogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Texas
snakeguy101;4604009; said:
Treated tap is fine for turtles. They do not need the reverse osmosis water. just make sure it isn't too hard.

Tank looks great btw.
FRTs like hard water. I buffer my RO water for this reason.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store