What do you HATE that everybody else seems to LOVE in the hobby?

Warrensmentor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Virginia
I hate clear or blue bare bottom tanks. For some reason, black is ok. I also hate when they have some substrate, but there are areas that are uncovered...and show the cobalt bright blue bottom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

professor_rob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I don't hate any type of fish but I cannot stand the price of fish in Australia. Datnoids are minimum au$1000. Might get them for $900 if they are 1-2 inches.
LFS price our native fish (jardini's etc) more expensive then they are priced overseas. If you want any fish that is even slightly exotic you have to be mr money bags!! I am assuming the pet stores love charging the premium

Also don't really like bare bottom tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

professor_rob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
polypterus lapradei

use of the made-up word "fishes" the plural form of the word "fish" is
FISH. "Fishes" is not a word.
Just wanted to point out fishes is a proper word. (although it is made-up like every other word)

If there is a school of the same species of fish - the correct term is fish.
On the other hand if there is a group of different species of fish - then the term is fishes.

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
PBass
African cichlids
Goldfish
People telling people what they can or cant keep
Posting the same question several times even though its been answered
Bashing
Dyed fish
people caring about whats popular or not

Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Just wanted to point out fishes is a proper word. (although it is made-up like every other word)

If there is a school of the same species of fish - the correct term is fish.
On the other hand if there is a group of different species of fish - then the term is fishes.

I think that was pointed out a long time ago, although I've never heard that explanation before...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Fish hoarders that won't share the wealth!!!
.....or won't give up their sources.
"Colored"/"Painted"/"Dyed"/"Tattooed" fish :screwy:
YES
why do u hate bichirs so? they are awesome!! great fish, ancient fish, and they do death rolls!!! find any other fish that death rolls!
I don't have any currently but I like them.What I don't get is how some keepers have soo many of them in a tank and they just lay on the bottom like living substrate.I've never had one do a death roll though.

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
Oh yea, I HATE overstocked tanks. I dont care that your filtration is good enough. Especially with new world cichlids.

People confusing inbreeding with hybridizing. almost all deformities are from inbreeding, such as goldfish, balloon mollies, shortbodied fish, missing fins. Only fish I know that has deformities as a result of hybridization is the blood parrot.

Members hating other members just because of what they have(be it hybrids or just a fish they don't like)

People wanting wild caught over captive bred. One of the points of captive breeding is to relieve stress of their wild population from collecting.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store