What do you HATE that everybody else seems to LOVE in the hobby?

iHammer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I wrote this once and I forgot to post it, now I have to write it all over again, FFS.

- Aquariums that are like (for example) 6x2x2 or 8x2x2. Why in hell do people like such shallow, thin yet unbelievably long tanks. It just makes all the fish swim left and right, no back or forth, or up or down, etc. They just swim to your left then turn and swim back to your right, they just continue doing it because they have no other direction to swim in making the fish unbelievably boring. I love to see fish swimming in all direction, each one in its own direction, makes things so beautiful and makes the aquarium so lively.

iHammer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
guapote's gape;3824344; said:
people/ stores purchasing fish knowing full well down the road they will not be able to house properly. Does everything in North America have to be disposible?
that and those stupid "infared" aquarium nets! Cause the fish definetly won't sense the movement of the RED net. what Maroons!
But nobody loves doing that. They just do it because they don't want to blow cash on another larger tank. I am not saying that they are doing the right thing, but I am saying that they don't enjoy imprisoning the fish. The question was things that other people like that you don't.

tiddlywinks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
las vegas
i hate people that say they hate solcal we should all come clean "jealuosy" is the reason we hate solcal??

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
"Colored"/"Painted"/"Dyed"/"Tattooed" fish :screwy:

dpk2313

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
ohio
tiddlywinks;3825320; said:
i hate people that say they hate solcal we should all come clean "jealuosy" is the reason we hate solcal??
yes but I hate it none the less
if I ever live there Ill be on your side

tiddlywinks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
las vegas
i live in vegas so i have a 6-8 hour drive if i say order somthing from asia like a flowerhorn or w.e fish i have i can pick it up ther if not here maby stay for the weekend check out the beach LFS

dpk2313

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
ohio
iHammer;3825295; said:
I wrote this once and I forgot to post it, now I have to write it all over again, FFS.

- Aquariums that are like (for example) 6x2x2 or 8x2x2. Why in hell do people like such shallow, thin yet unbelievably long tanks. It just makes all the fish swim left and right, no back or forth, or up or down, etc. They just swim to your left then turn and swim back to your right, they just continue doing it because they have no other direction to swim in making the fish unbelievably boring. I love to see fish swimming in all direction, each one in its own direction, makes things so beautiful and makes the aquarium so lively.

Deep and tall tanks are harder to clean so long tanks are the most popular

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
Locations where Asian arowana are available.. and I can't get one legally..:irked:

China who is getting all the rare and exotic fish.... and the US can't.. :cry:

California's stupid fish species restrictions.. :(

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
thing i hate the most is the elitist attitude of people who look down on other fishkeepers who don't have the rarest/popular/expensive fish....I don't think the fact that someone doesn't have rare fish makes them less of a fishkeeper

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store