What fish for me?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Galasca Galasca yes you can find them....thinking This is a half troll? Anything that grows to 4 feet besides the casual RTC TSN etc isn't gonna be super common.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
N
No pics currently, the pond still needs to be filled but I have four grow out tanks ready and pond will be ready soon, whatever I pick I want to raise from a wee lil' fry. But before over the pond setup I want to know that I'll need it for whatever fish I choose.
What size is the pond? measurements?

A chain pikerel is basically the warm water version of a northern pike
chain pickerel are not warm water fish. Maybe slightly more tolerant than a pike but not warm water 24/7. They are readily caught while ice fishing.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
Alright guys, I'm ready for a new monster fish, but I want it to be the perfect fish for me. Basically, I want a predator, with the personality of an Oscar, Eats like a piranha, aggressive like an Oscar, and grows to maximum of 4 feet in size. I've already got all the growout tanks and a pond ready, some fish I have considered are: Aba Aba Knife Fish, Some gar species, RTC, Tiger shovel nose, and a Black Wolf Fish. I wanted to know what you guys think!
How about a goliath tiger fish? They do like a lot of current, though. Very scary looking. Kind of like a striped bass with a mouth full of switchblades

Yohanon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Tennessee
As to a goliath tiger fish goes, aquascape online might be able to get you one. They get huge though, and would require an enormous tank. It would be quite a challenge to keep one. If I had a really BIG tank, and wanted an absolute psycho apex predator fish, I would probably opt for a dovii or a gorillus blue umbee. They are beautiful, but as mean as wolverines.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store