• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delhezi222

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2007
P
I still can't believe you guys are actually telling him to get more fish. It's not just a matter of tank size. Even if he gets a 300g, this is not a good mix of fish:
2'' Redtail Giant Gourami, 3'' bala shark, 2 4'' S.A Lungfish, 1 6'' tinfoil barb, 1 5'' fire eel, 2 2'' pacus, 6'' ornate bichir, 1 3'' red oscar, 1 6'' clown knife

The bala and the tinfoil need to school, and at least a few of those fish are bound to be eaten or killed.

Alex, I suggest getting rid of the GG, the SAL, the tinfoil, the eel, and the pacus, the oscar, and the clown knife. That'll leave you with the ornate and the bala. Get a few more balas, some more polys, and maybe some other mid-sized fish. Maybe get some plants and more decor. Turn it into a nice community tank, not some growout. Just my suggestion.

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
haynchinook334;3699252; said:
I know your not going to listen to us any know damn was... I have been patient with you for the last 10 months before and after your banned. What are you trying to do?

Raise fish and give them away? Raise fish and sell them? What? If you want to raise fish and give them away, Put me on that list. Fish "KEEPING" is to enjoy the growth and excitement of watching them grow and learning about them. I wish to high hell that i didn't sell my fishes, BUT, I'm leaving for overseas and i have NO reason to keep them and watch them grow myself. You on the other hand have time to watch them grow.

But, all in all get what for your 125gal tank. and your 55gal tank.
I agree. I could never put my heart and soul into keeping a fish if I knew that i would not be there from the time I get it to the time it does. Too bad the latter comes sooner for some fish, huh?

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Delhezi222;3699256; said:
I still can't believe you guys are actually telling him to get more fish. It's not just a matter of tank size. Even if he gets a 300g, this is not a good mix of fish:
2'' Redtail Giant Gourami, 3'' bala shark, 2 4'' S.A Lungfish, 1 6'' tinfoil barb, 1 5'' fire eel, 2 2'' pacus, 6'' ornate bichir, 1 3'' red oscar, 1 6'' clown knife

The bala and the tinfoil need to school, and at least a few of those fish are bound to be eaten or killed.

Alex, I suggest getting rid of the GG, the SAL, the tinfoil, the eel, and the pacus, the oscar, and the clown knife. That'll leave you with the ornate and the bala. Get a few more balas, some more polys, and maybe some other mid-sized fish. Maybe get some plants and more decor. Turn it into a nice community tank, not some growout. Just my suggestion.
And Loaches. Everyone likes Loaches :)
But only haelthy ones. Alex, Adam is totally right. That tank, plus the Loaches, with sand, driftwood, and plants, would be better than any growout tank could ever hope to be. I hope you are reading all these posts, and taking them to heart, because even if we are getting a bit tsety, we have good intentions. But we are only being tsety because the advice we go out of our way to give is falling on deaf ears. Please, PLEASE, believe us.

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Bottomfeeder;3699261; said:
I agree. I could never put my heart and soul into keeping a fish if I knew that i would not be there from the time I get it to the time it does. Too bad the latter comes sooner for some fish, huh?
It's just the fact that Yanker is at it again. Read his post before his banned and read them now. I personalty like giving advise in a calm and rash way, but to see a repeat in every thread....MAN...

Yank, dude, bro, home grown.....stick to a tank full of dat's and poly's for a year and i will buy them from you.:naughty:

Thus you can get a bigger tank with the money i give you.

Thow428

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2009
New Jersey
I'm not saying he should get more fish. I'm just trying to say that if he says he can handle it, then we should listen to him. His selection of fish may not be the best in your eyes, but it's what he wants. Do what makes you happy (As long as you can provide for your fish aswell. There is a line that cannot be crossed). "Let the hobby be as much as you want it be"-Ted Judy. I've also read somewhere that the aquarium hobby is what we make it, and that we have to do what makes us happy. That's all that really matters at the end of the day.
But Alex, besides everyone ripping on you for overstocking your tank, the other information is very valuable! You should consider altering your stocking, and buying the 300 now, and separating some of these fish.

ryeguy28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
rocky mount,NC
whats wrong wut dat ???

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Thow428;3699282; said:
I'm not saying he should get more fish. I'm just trying to say that if he says he can handle it, then we should listen to him. His selection of fish may not be the best in your eyes, but it's what he wants. Do what makes you happy (As long as you can provide for your fish aswell. There is a line that cannot be crossed). "Let the hobby be as much as you want it be"-Ted Judy. I've also read somewhere that the aquarium hobby is what we make it, and that we have to do what makes us happy. That's all that really matters at the end of the day.
But Alex, besides everyone ripping on you for overstocking your tank, the other information is very valuable! You should consider altering your stocking, and buying the 300 now, and separating some of these fish.
But fishkeeping is different than other hobbies, say, RC'ing, coin collecting, dog breeding, whatever...the health of the fish is directly related to the owner...and the victims if the owner makes a mistake are living animals. I'm not trying to go PETA, but in perspective...the fish are the only victim. When a bad or ignorant owner kills a fish, he goes out and buys more, and that's it. But the fish...?

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Thow428;3699282; said:
I'm not saying Alex is over stock by no mean's.....

But here on MFK, there is more then enough info and threads stating size, shape, birth dates, chips, salsa, beacon, hamburgers, beer, elephant guts, who's girl friend this is, who's BF this is, ETC...there is more info here then in a Porta Potty in IRAQ......(trust me, that's a lot) But, yanker fails to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store