What food brings out the best color in your fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
I've always fed my large cichlids and aros gutloaded (spinach & carrot) thawed crickets and live superworms as part of their diet. I think it's played a small role in their color. Genetics is king though

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Crazy that people claim to be things theyre not and post crap all over the internet and others will believe it without question.
I agree, some people actually believe that Doogie Howser is a real MD. How crazy is that?

BTW - for those that are curious, the sources that I cited, are real people, with real degrees in this particular science, most of them have been published in numerous peer reviewed journals, and a number of them I have personally conversed with over the years, and not via a keyboard and the internet.

Genetics is king though
When it comes to color, I couldn't agree more. Even on a low quality diet a fish with great genetics can on the outside look great. That, and it's easy to manipulate color via hormones, synthetic color enhancers, etc. It's common practice in SE Asia.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I use a mix of NLS Thera A, massivore and Kens earthworm sticks for pellets. Primarily NLS.

Also fresh and frozen, tilapia, sunfish, LMB filet, smelt, shrimp.

raideranch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
TX
I agree, some people actually believe that Doogie Howser is a real MD. How crazy is that?

BTW - for those that are curious, the sources that I cited, are real people, with real degrees in this particular science, most of them have been published in numerous peer reviewed journals, and a number of them I have personally conversed with over the years, and not via a keyboard and the internet.
Feel free to come see Doogie anytime in the OR at UMC. A real MD with real degrees and real knowledge.

Sent from my XT1030 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1417311246600.jpg

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
A real MD with real degrees and real knowledge.

Thats great, if i want medical help for myself, but that doesnt mean anything about fish. We have engineers, physicists, teachers, etc on mfk but they dont have real life experience of fish like some of the guys on here, the guys with true passion and years of experience.stop waving your fancy a** md around like it means we have to listen to you, i dont care what your profesion is, if you give sound advice ill take it, if its crap ill ignore you, and you sir are going to be ignored. Lemme ask you, do you throw the "im an md, i must be right about everythin" line into every response both here and in the reall world? Iv never met you but you sound like an arrogant a**.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

raideranch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
TX
Yall wonder why no knowledgeable people share information here anymore? I post a thread so some others can save some money on a fish food I've had good luck with and a bunch a internet experts and haters like yourself want to hate non stop.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Feel free to come see Doogie anytime in the OR at UMC. A real MD with real degrees and real knowledge.

"real" knowledge? what does that mean? i would love to throw my "real" knowledge in your face but i wont stoop to your level. get over yourself.

you make yourself look really foolish to other people that have stepped foot on a college campus that also possess "real" knowledge.

raideranch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
TX
So smart you can't even get the intended pun, real hater

Why don't yall post some more pics of real colorful fish

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
in all honesty.. im pretty annoyed that you even brought your md on fish forum as if we were supposed to "say oh wow he must know a lot of about fish food and the digestive system of fish"

so keep bringing up your md on a forums unrelated to human anatomy or medicine and posting selfies of yourself in scrubs... i hope you find the approval youre looking for someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store