What food brings out the best color in your fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I have no issue with anyone in this hobby wanting to save some $$$$. I have personally posted a number of threads over the years on different topics sharing how one can do just that, save $$$$. A number of those topics were even made stickies on MFK, so that those cost saving topics could be easily accessed by members for years to come.

In a number of past discussions I have also personally posted links to some lower cost foods that can be purchased in bulk for any member that was looking for some low cost alternatives, without totally sacrificing quality. If that is your true interest, then all you needed to do was ask & I would have been happy to supply you with that same information. No problem. Instead you chose the lower path, and continued on with your childish BS, while waving your supposed degree in the air. I've been a member here for a long time, and while my table manners may not always appeal to everyone, one thing most people will tell you is I generally know what I'm talking about. The Distinguished Contributor award that you see below my avatar was awarded to me by several mods on this site for my years of contributions in the area of nutrition, health, and maintenance. I've never once proclaimed myself as an expert, in anything. I don't even like the term. But what I will say is this, you will seldom see anyone attempting to refute much that I have to say on this subject, and those that do seldom win. I have decades worth of experience & knowledge on the subject of nutrition and the tropical fish food industry on a whole, and most of it involves things that you sure as hell won't find in a medical textbook.

This isn't about winning or losing, or about having the last word. It's about sharing sound advice with the members on this site so that they can make their own informed and educated decision.

And in that regard you have added almost no value to this discussion, and now because of your constant off topic BS and personal snipes this thread will most likely soon be locked. Way to go Mr. MD.

raideranch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
TX
Except for the first one all of my post have been responses to yalls BS, this discussion started with your post...

I bet it does......
I tried to get this thread back on topic several times.

So how bout some more people share the color enhancing foods they like

Sent from my XT1030 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishFrenzy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks for the science lesson, I might want to start eating fish food instead.

"Astaxanthin is a reddish pigment that belongs to a group of chemicals called carotenoids. It occurs naturally in certain algae and causes the pink or red color in salmon, trout, lobster, shrimp, and other seafood."

Astaxanthin is used for treating Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, “brainattack” (stroke), high cholesterol, and an eye condition called age-related macular degeneration (AMD). It is also used for preventing cancer.

Astaxanthin is applied directly to the skin for protection against sunburn.

[h=4]How does it work?[/h]Astaxanthin is an antioxidant. This effect might protect cells from damage. Astaxanthin might also improve the way the immune system functions.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
IMG_2050.JPGIMG_0505.JPGIMG_0852.JPGIMG_0858.JPGIMG_5890.PNGIMG_5987.jpeg

all feed nls, omega one, and some krill or mysis shrimp occasional.

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_5890.PNG

IMG_5987.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store