What happens when you guys tell strangers about your tank?

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I feel bad for people who go about their lives without being passionate about anything. Own your interest in the hobby...especially you younger guys on here.

That said, chicks have always dug my tanks ;)

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
I get called fish fetish all the time at school, Its my nickname, even my coach calls me fish because everyone else does lol. If you're going to be weird, be confident about it haha

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Yea i am, i talk about them all the time, then they throw a joke and i laugh at it :p, everyone calls me mayor at my school lol, my moms the mayor... XD

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
People at school know about my one eyed armatus payara and how much i paid for it, and girls as a joke would ask me if they would be more attractive if they only had one eye lol

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Everyone calls me the fish man, my one buddy always asks me- how are the squid? When they are stingrays...

Everyone who sees my setup think im absolutely nuts when they figure out how much money i spent on everything

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
After many, many years of others shaking their heads at what they think is my weird obsession with fish, I just couldn't care less what others think.

I 100% agree with the advice to own your obsession and revel in your passion. What's better than to be excited and look forward to "working" on your tanks?

Being happy is my preferred state of being, and my fish have helped me to achieve that for 35 + years.:)

O

Amber n The Boss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2014
Toledo, Ohio
Seeing that I'm very new to the above average aquarist I get very mixed reviews. My husband thinks I'm crazy but my parents are the ones who ran to my LFS and surprised me with a gift card for me to purchase the monsters I fell in love with! My Co works just laugh at my interest. I know they don't get it. Telling some people I have a 75 is like telling them I have a 500. They have no clue in the slightest what it all means. I was just asking my husband what the purpose of running a sump pump to an over flow tank was and he told me I would never need to know. That it was only for the extremist. Guess he's not getting it either...lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store