What happens when you guys tell strangers about your tank?

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
yeaahh, im probably the only one who is obsessed with fish at school. lol when i talk fish they cant respond the word im saying even the teachers. hahaha

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Omg yea, thats me, saying their scientific name and their just like... ummmmm

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
My least favorite question is what are their names? I dont have names for any of my fish. I just go by their species/locale. Once you start talking scientific is when the ladies stop listening in my experience :(((( hahaha.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
People laugh at me in school and think fish are dumb. People also think I'm crazy for only having one fish in such a big tank like dovii in a 180 and others. People also don't believe me when I tell them most fish I keep can draw blood. I get many mixed responses some of which are dumb but who cares haha I know what I'm keeping and I know how awesome it is

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
My least favorite question is what are their names? I dont have names for any of my fish. I just go by their species/locale. Once you start talking scientific is when the ladies stop listening in my experience :(((( hahaha.
Hahaha agreed. My orange severum had 2 different names in the time I had him... One from each woman I dated in the time I had it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

careifsteck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2010
Dubuque, ia
I agree most RESPONSES in my life starting with 55 and above is " Wow that's big"

Second is, "Is that salt water?" with any thing other than gold fish!!

And the most ignorant. The guy who argued with me that I was fibbing because there is no such thing as freshwater stingrays!!!

Also on a different note the most said thing between other fish keepers is "I wish it was bigger," No matter how large the tank! When I say it it almost brings a tear to my eye. :-(

Sent from my SCH-R970 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
My one girl ; friend thinks it's really awesome, she said "I wish I had a passionate hobby like you"
My one guy friend just laughs
Most other people /strangers I just don't pay attention if I'm in a situation where they find out for what ever reason.
Most people fall under the fascination factor though then the oh that's gross.
My girlfriend is always telling me I'll have a bigger tank and a bigger one. She is a nice enabler haha.

Oh and the number one response I get from kids is "do you ever get fish water in your mouth?!"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store