What is a 30" silver arowana Worth

815billybob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2012
dwight IL
I only said that being a smart butt and I got in trouble for it mods don't like to joke around lol:screwy:

Sent from my XT603 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Stormowl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2012
KC, KS
Someone said it earlier...supply and demand. Most folks prefer to buy their fish small and raise them themselves. Not just fish, but any pet. Unless they're not getting as a pet, but as breeder stock, there probably is LESS demand for a larger fish than for a smaller, younger one. Again, same with any pet.

The larger fish are more difficult to house...hence why people often sell them after they've had them for a while, especially when they don't know what they were getting into. Which makes the supply greater than the demand...reducing the value of what you're asking about.

The folks who know what they're getting into, and want them that big, typically don't want to take the risk that the fish wasn't well cared for and could be less healthy than if they raised it themselves...so again, less demand for the older, larger fish over the younger/smaller.

Buying these kinds of fish is NOT an investment...it's a hobby or a passion.

Hope that makes it a bit clearer.

815billybob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2012
dwight IL
I want to know what someone that wanted one would pay. Not someone that didn't have a tank big enough would pay

815billybob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2012
dwight IL
And aging its not for sale or will it ever be for sale. I like trading fish better then selling

Stormowl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2012
KC, KS
I want to know what someone that wanted one would pay. Not someone that didn't have a tank big enough would pay

See my comment above...the problem you face is that there aren't many that want them that size...ergo...they're worth less when they're larger. They're relatively cheap and easy to find in the more desireable sizes.

Understood it's not for sale...but you're asking for a "sale price".

815billybob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2012
dwight IL
OK well he won the argument :beer:lol its all good thanks for the info guys

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
san francisco pet store price>>>>>>>>$100-125..........i can buy it for way less if the fish remains in the store........

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
jardinis and the other two species of australian aro easily fetch $200+......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store