What is the growth rate for RedBelly PACU ???

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
THEY LOOK SO CUTE RIGHT NOW WITH THEIR LITTLE TEETH RIGHT NOW THEIR IN A 75G WITH 6 OSCARS 6 BUMBLEE BEE CONVICTS 2 MARBLED CONVICTS 2 BLACK CONVICTS 6 GREEN TERROR 7 JACK DEMPSEYS AND 2 COMMON PLECO BUT WILL BE GETTING A 180G IN A MONTH OR SO SORRY NEWBIE HERE MY BF IS THE ONE WHO KNOWS AND HE'S ON A BUSINESS TRIP RIGHT NOW OUR OTHER TANK ISA A 327G SOUTH AMERICAN CICHLID TANK:oops::oops::oops:
More like 1800, gallons for all that.

Plus 6 year old

Reactions: tlindsey

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Here is a picture of a decent full growth pacu (image from google), I think the fish pretty much same size of your current fish tank....
8c7a33cac1c604d5ff9e59cbd2f5b1c8.jpg
pacu mom pacu mom she would have a legit of real home growth pacu monster picture only if she willing to show them to you. LOL

Reactions: Hendre

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
Kay got the picture gues will return them sigh was hoping I could keep atleast two they look so cute:(:(:oops:

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Kay got the picture gues will return them sigh was hoping I could keep atleast two they look so cute:(:(:oops:
go check out the silver dollars, they look similar to pacu... and if you want really something real cute... consider the blood parrots

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
HI AGAIN GALLANTZ THANKS FOR ALWAYS COMING TO THE RESCUE:p:pWE DO HAVE PARROTS IN OUR 327G 5 OF THEM ALSO 8 SPOTTED SILVER DOLLARS THE RED PACU 4" JUST LOOK SO CUTE WHEN THEIR EATING DURING FEEDING TIME WITH THEIR SMALL TEETH:oops::(:(DO EMPEROR BLUE HOOKS HAVE SIMILAR TEETH?CAN THEY GO WITH OSCARS , JACK DEMPS , GREEN TERROR AND BUMBLEBEE CONVICTS

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
HI AGAIN GALLANTZ THANKS FOR ALWAYS COMING TO THE RESCUE:p:pWE DO HAVE PARROTS IN OUR 327G 5 OF THEM ALSO 8 SPOTTED SILVER DOLLARS THE RED PACU 4" JUST LOOK SO CUTE WHEN THEIR EATING DURING FEEDING TIME WITH THEIR SMALL TEETH:oops::(:(DO EMPEROR BLUE HOOKS HAVE SIMILAR TEETH?CAN THEY GO WITH OSCARS , JACK DEMPS , GREEN TERROR AND BUMBLEBEE CONVICTS
i have not house them with those fishes you mentioned thus would not be able to advice.... but i house mine with aro, gar and knifefish....

yours are mostly cichlids and i keep my cichlids only with featherfin catfish... the cichlids can be quite aggressive, they killed my 10" ray

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
YEAH THIS TWO TANKS ARE MY BFS HE ONLY LIKES CICHLIDS ONLY THE WOLF FISH IS MINE HEHE AND THE FUTURE ARROWANA I JUST BOUGHT THE PACU YESTERDAY WHEN I WENT TO THE LFS TO BUY DECHLORINATOR AND THE PETSHOP GUY TOLD ME PACU WOULD GO GREAT WITH MY BFS OSCARS AND AS I SAID THEY LOOKED SO ADORABLE WITH THOSE LITTLE TEETH SO EVEN IF I GET 180g I CANT FIT 2 IN?LFS GUY SAID THEY ONLY GREW TO 12" SO I TOUGHT OH OK MANAGABLE WE WERE LOOKING INTO BLACK PACU BEFORE BUT THOSE GROW TO 40" SO WERE OUT THATS Y I THOUGHT RED BELLY WOULD BE OK GUESS I TOUGHT WRONG HAHA:oops::oops::oops::eek:

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
WAIT DID YOU SAY AROWANA WITH GAR BECAUSE I SAW THIS COLORFUL GAR WITH THE NAME ATRACTOSTEUS TROPICUS CAN I PUT ONE WITH MY FUTURE RED TAIL GOLDEN AROWANA WILL ANNY GAR BE OK WITH AROWANA HEHE:D

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
WAIT DID YOU SAY AROWANA WITH GAR BECAUSE I SAW THIS COLORFUL GAR WITH THE NAME ATRACTOSTEUS TROPICUS CAN I PUT ONE WITH MY FUTURE RED TAIL GOLDEN AROWANA WILL ANNY GAR BE OK WITH AROWANA HEHE:D
some gars can grow big, if you are interested in a gar, try looking for a spotted gar. They all look similar anyway but spotted gar max out at smaller size

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_gar

yes they can be together but ensure they are roughly the same size. The gar will grow faster than the arowana

When i first got my aro and gar, they were about 9 inches and 12 inches respectively. but now my aro is about 11-12 inches while my gar is bigger at about 15 inches

whats the actual size of your tank? 6ft x 2ft x 2ft?

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
having said all this, it also depends on the temperament of your fish but i always believe if the fishes are comm together when young, there is a much higher chance of it being successful

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store