What is the growth rate for RedBelly PACU ???

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
Oh ok thanks for always helping no my tank is 24" wide 30" height and 5 ft length the 6ft is my bf's new cichlid tank can I also mix in 1 pacu hehe?i really apreciate u always helping me gallantry my bf always gets annoyed when I make him do research :p:D:p

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
Oh ok thanks for always helping no my tank is 24" wide 30" height and 5 ft length the 6ft is my bf's new cichlid tank can I also mix in 1 pacu hehe?i really apreciate u always helping me gallantry my bf always gets annoyed when I make him do research :p:D:p

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
so is 5ft x 2ft x 2.5ft... the issue in keeping the pacu is
1) it will grow too big for the tank so sooner or later you have to let it go
2) if the growth is much faster than the gar and arowana, it is very likely the pacu will eat them
3) The gar may not have enough food to eat as it is too slow

it's your choice if you want to take the risk

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/my-pacu-ate-my-arowana.402069/

At 2.5ft height, you may want to consider some bottom feeders to clear all remaining food especially if you are not going to keep the pacu

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
SIGH I GUESS I JUST HAVE TO LET GO OF THE ADORABLE PACUS EN GO WITH 1 RED TAIL GOLDEN AROWANA 2 SPOTTED GAR AND 2 PLECOS HEHE THANKS AS USUAL GALLANTZ:p:p:oops:

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
SIGH I GUESS I JUST HAVE TO LET GO OF THE ADORABLE PACUS EN GO WITH 1 RED TAIL GOLDEN AROWANA 2 SPOTTED GAR AND 2 PLECOS HEHE THANKS AS USUAL GALLANTZ:p:p:oops:
if it makes you feel better, the pacus looks ugly when they grow bigger, like shrek

Rubywee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2017
HAHA OK THANKS GALLATNZ BUT ITS OK TO HAVE TWO SPOTTED GARS WITH THE AROWNA RIGHT HEHE

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
HAHA OK THANKS GALLATNZ BUT ITS OK TO HAVE TWO SPOTTED GARS WITH THE AROWNA RIGHT HEHE
i have 1 but i would think 2 is fine... just that your tank at 5ft, when they all grow up... the top may look crowded while the bottom is empty... any questions maybe we go back to your existing thread... so as not to derail the thread here... cheers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store