what is the most reliable and longest lasting heater?

SupeDM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
Minnesota
I like the Jagger and the stealth However this is monster fish keepers and the stealth are for monster fish( unbreakable ). Also I like that they are fully submersible where the Jaggers have a maximum water level. I have 1 tank with a wide lip that I cant fill all the way because the top of the jagger wont clear the lip and be above the max level.

sushiray

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
new windsor/cormwall, ny
I agree the visitherm are not only very accurate & submersible but also more reasonably priced vs the others. stealth I think has auto turn off if water recedes below the therms head, otherwise it's sister heater deluxes are less cost but just as good w/o the auto feature (don't really expect to have water levels dip do ya? even during major w/c you can disconnect the heaters till you refill).

www.kensfish.com & www.bigalsonline.com has very good pricing as well as very reasonable shipping costs (unlike dr f.)

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
wlecount;805793; said:
Stealth Visitherm from Petsmart and price match the thing! $20.99 for the 250 watt and the things rock. I use them in all my tanks and I won't ever buy anything else!!!
What do you price match it with?

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
i like the stealth, but if i have a sump on the tank i use a titanium heater in them.

Bawb2u

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
MA
I like heaters that I can tell are working or overworking, so I don't use stealths. I prefer titanium tube styles used with a Ranco controller.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
Also I like that they are fully submersible where the Jaggers have a maximum water level.
jagers are fully submersible.

in order to get UL approval (CSA in Canada) they have to have a water level by law.

but the heater is the same as those sold in europe - just with a water line printed on it in order to get the electrical standards approval..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store