What kind of fish, 30 Gallon Tank (Saltwater)

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
Small wrasse like 6 line but still might not be enuff room for this non stop worm hunter.

Others - Royal gramma basslet, dwarf cherub angel, jawfish, black cap basslet, hectors goby, neon dottyback
i would shoot for an orchid before a neon ... just for temperament

sharkfinsean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
Baltimore, MD
What is your opinion about a maxi-mini carpet anemone? I would like to get one but have anyone had any experience with these or any problems with these, do anemones need water-flow? Would this bother any of the livestock I want to put in my tank: 3 green chromises, 2 ocellaris clowns, 10 Cerith Snails, 5 Nerite Snails, 5 Margarita Snails, 1 Sand Sifting Starfish, 5 Red Leg Hermit Crabs, 5 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs, 1 Medium Cleaner Shrimp and 1 Arrow Crab (all inverts are from a clean-up crew package from petco, the 30 gallon variation of the package) Also what do I need to feed it?

Cooterbrown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2012
Leavenworth Kansas
Dont even consider anemones until your tank has been running for about a year and is stable. And what kind of lighting do you have? They do require flow medium to high for mini maxis and medium for most other nems. They breath from te water passing over them. They can and will eat your fish if presented the opportunity.

As far as hermits eating each other I've never hear of this. In my reef I have over 10 species ranging from tiny Scarlett's to a colony of electric blues and oranges. And even a golf ball size blue eyed hermit. If they're fighting it's over shells and you need to add more shells.

Sounds like your fish selection is good. I would personally add te clowns first so they find their happy space and host it. That way they aren't trying to find somewhere with all the other fish. Once they did a good spot they will stay pretty close to it. My occellaris never go more than 6" from their nem. My tomato goes all over antagonizing the Perc and occ. he's a loner and just wants friends lol

sharkfinsean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
Baltimore, MD
Alright, thanks I thought it would be good to add the clowns last due to their aggressive nature so they don't develop a territory and stress-out new fish that are being added to the tank, I don't want any deaths due to stress or territorial issues

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
What is your opinion about a maxi-mini carpet anemone? I would like to get one but have anyone had any experience with these or any problems with these, do anemones need water-flow? Would this bother any of the livestock I want to put in my tank: 3 green chromises, 2 ocellaris clowns, 10 Cerith Snails, 5 Nerite Snails, 5 Margarita Snails, 1 Sand Sifting Starfish, 5 Red Leg Hermit Crabs, 5 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs, 1 Medium Cleaner Shrimp and 1 Arrow Crab (all inverts are from a clean-up crew package from petco, the 30 gallon variation of the package) Also what do I need to feed it?
They are pretty new to the hobby and as of late maybe the new craze with some of the brilliant colored ones becoming available. Ppl are now creating min maxi water gardens with colorations and patterns found on the most expensive of corals.
They eat basically the same types of foods we feed our fish - Mysis shrimp. chopped up clams and scallops and so on. And like their larger cousins - bi-weekly silverside chunks. Also like their big cousins - Yes they do eat live fish. Small gobies , grammas , clowns whatever. They do not host clowns instead use anemone shrimp or purple porcelain anemone crabs. Lighting should be T5HO or LED - MH's with caution keep them as low as possible. As for opinion I have only one - I'm gettin' me some someday soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store