what should I get??

Pinoyfisher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2008
San Diego, Ca
That's what I was thinking guys, the fully loaded 40g it is!

I currently have a 10g going with a some type of cichlid, a flower horn I believe, and an oscar. Both are ~3" long. The flower horn is just beating up on the oscar is there anything I can do to stop that? Also, I haven't really understood the importance of sumps. Do I need to go that route for the 40g? Forgive me guys, a total newb here!

Thedaniokeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Small town near Toronto
The oscar and FH are going to grow to 10" AT LEAST.
They need the 40g more than anything.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Pinoyfisher;2614289; said:
That's what I was thinking guys, the fully loaded 40g it is!

I currently have a 10g going with a some type of cichlid, a flower horn I believe, and an oscar. Both are ~3" long. The flower horn is just beating up on the oscar is there anything I can do to stop that? Also, I haven't really understood the importance of sumps. Do I need to go that route for the 40g? Forgive me guys, a total newb here!
You need to get rid of either or both. If you don't plan to get a 75g and over anytime soon, then switch to smaller species such as severums.

mr_cool_guy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2008
Florida
Lupin;2614858; said:
You need to get rid of either or both. If you don't plan to get a 75g and over anytime soon, then switch to smaller species such as severums.
yep, a 75g would be the smallest i'd go for those two fish...but a 40g will get you buy for a short while.

Pinoyfisher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2008
San Diego, Ca
Yeah, another mistake by a rookie! I should've done more research. I definitely want them happy and a 40g doesn't guarantee them long term happiness. I'll probably give them up for adoption soon then so they can be well taken care of. I wanted the 40g to be a native tank, but now I'm concerned if it'll be big enough. I'm definitely gonna put some crawdads in there, I like 'em for some reason ;) What natives stay small enough to put in a 40g? I'm located in San Diego.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store